How to Get Avanti West Coast Refund for Delay
Delays at the train station are usually unplanned and unintentional. But such delays could mess up your schedule, delay your appointments, or even make you miss an interview that could change your life. Avanti West Coast has an elaborate refund system to help you get your money back.
If, for any reason, you experienced a delay for 15 minutes or more at any Avanti West Coast train station and you decide not to travel after that, you can request a refund right away. The amount you get as compensation is determined by the length of the delay as tallied against the scheduled travel timetable.
The process of requesting a refund is easy but may require some work on your end. If you do not have time to ask for a refund by yourself, or you just want someone to do it for you, DoNotPay can help you. Through DoNotPay's Chargebacks UK product, you can get a refund directly through your bank without dealing with Avanti West Coast directly.
How to Get an Avanti West Coast Delay Refund on Your Own
Avanti West Coast has Automated Delay Repays (ADR) that allow customers to request refunds in case their journey is delayed for more than 15 minutes. To create an account with Automated Delay Repay and request a refund from Avanti West Coast, you'll need to meet the following criteria:
- Sign up for ADR emails.
- Book an Advance ticket through the website or the app.
- Make a journey including at least one leg traveling with Avanti West Coast.
Once you have an account with Delay Repay, you can proceed to request a refund. You'll need to fill out an online form and submit it to Avanti West Coast. Before you submit the form, ensure that:
- You have to fill out the form completely, leaving no blank spaces.
- The information you have submitted is correct, including the ticket number, travel date, delay time, etc.
- Next, you indicate your preferred payment method for the refund.
- You submit a request for a journey you didn't take and not the one you did.
Avanti West Coast will receive your request and process it within 20 days. If your request is approved, you'll receive an amount corresponding to the delay time.
The compensation amount is calculated as follows:
|% Compensation for a Single Ticket||% Compensation for a Return Ticket||% Compensation for a Season Ticket|
|15 – 29||25%||12.5%||25%|
|30 – 59||50%||25%||50%|
|60 – 119||100%||50%||100%|
|120 or more||100%||100%||100%|
If you bought your ticket from the Avanti West Coast Website or the app, you could get a refund by requesting it on your account. Find a "My Bookings" or "My Tickets" tab and request a refund from there.
On the other hand, if you bought a ticket from the station, you'll need to go back to the station and request a refund from there. Again, however, you'll need to pay a £10 admin fee for the service.
This table summarizes the different methods you can use to request a refund from Avanti West Coast.
|Can You Request a Refund Via||Yes/No|
Avanti West Coast Refund Policy
Here is what the Avanti West Coast Refund Policy states:
- Refund requests should be made within 28 days after the supposed day of travel.
- Requesting a refund for a used ticket is considered a crime.
- You can choose your preferred payment method, and Avanti West Coast will send your money there.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Avanti West Coast Refund?
Once Avanti West Coast receives your refund request, the processing begins right away so that you can get your funds as soon as possible. Most of the requests sent online are processed within 20 days or less, and other requests submitted in person can be processed immediately.
The speed of processing depends on the accuracy of the information you have provided. If you fill out the form and leave blank spaces, it may take longer to complete processing your refund request.
How to Get Avanti West Coast Refund for Delay With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay has a Cancel Subscriptions UK product that can help you contact your bank so that the bank can request a refund on your behalf. Here is how it works:
- Find the Chargeback Instantly product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us which credit card (or ACH transfer) the payment was on, and enter the name of your bank and the merchant.
- Select the reason for your chargeback, and provide relevant details, including the charge amount, the charge date, a description of the payment, and any files you can upload as evidence.
Once you have entered all the required details, DoNotPay will generate a letter and fax it to the bank, requesting that the bank chargeback your money from Avanti West Coast. The bank will charge back the amount from the company and wait for their confirmation to release the funds.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with the following:
- Virtual credit cards
- Plane ticket refunds
- easyJet refund
- Trainline refund
- Just Eat refund
- Wowcher refund
- Amigo loans refund
- Teletext Holidays refunds
- NatWest chargeback
- Trainline delay refund
- Council tax refund
- Argos refund
Check out DoNotPay to get more information on other services.