Never Got To Use It? Get a Travel Guard Refund With DoNotPay
Travel Guard is an insurance provider that focuses on travel insurance, assistance, and emergency travel service. It was founded in 1982 and has assistance centers in Houston, Toronto (Canada), Shoreham (UK), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Mexico City (Mexico), and the Philippines.
Travel Guard Refund Policy Explained
People usually get travel insurance to ensure the protection of non-refundable parts of their trip. But what if you change your mind about the travel insurance itself? Is there a chance of getting a refund for the premium? The answer is not so easy to find when it comes to Travel Guard.
Considering that the usual travel insurance premium with Travel Guard costs around five to seven percent of the total trip cost, the sum is not negligible. Most travel insurance companies offer a money-back guarantee or free look period, a time window during which you can change your mind about the premium and receive a full refund.
This period usually lasts ten to 14 days from the moment of purchase so that the travelers can check the policy coverage in detail. In Travel Guard’s case, information about their free look period is buried in the section dealing with the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the notification posted after the outbreak, Travel Guard offers full premium refunds under the following conditions:
- The policy was purchased within 15 days of requesting a refund from Travel Guard
- You have not started your trip
- You haven’t submitted any claims under premium coverage
How To Get a Travel Guard Refund
Requesting a premium refund from Travel Guard using their official methods won’t be convenient. The list of available options to ask for your money back can be seen in the table below:
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
|Yes (for NY residents)|
Request a Travel Guard Refund by Email
If you want to submit a request for the Travel Guard premium refund, you will have to inform the provider in writing. The process usually involves these steps:
- Write an email requesting a premium refund for the travel insurance provided by Travel Guard
- Include your policy number, name, address, and phone number, as well as the policy's effective date
- Send your email to email@example.com
Be prepared for a possibly lengthy exchange with customer service representatives.
Request a Travel Guard Refund by Letter
Another way to notify Travel Guard about your premium refund request in writing is to use postal services. While you’re writing the letter requesting a refund, make sure to include the same information listed above to reduce delays and unnecessary back-and-forth to the minimum.
When you’re done, send the letter to Travel Guard, Attn: Refund Department, PO BOX 47, Stevens Point, WI 54481. Make sure to use certified mail for extra protection and be prepared to wait a while. It’s called “snail mail” for a reason.
Requesting a Travel Guard Refund for New York Residents
At the moment of writing this article, the residents of the state of New York are advised to submit their premium refund requests on Travel Guard’s website. The necessary steps are:
- Open the Voucher and Refund Form page
- Select Refund if you purchased your policy within the last 15 days or Voucher in case it’s been longer
- Fill out the rest of the form
- Provide the reason for cancellation
- Hit Submit
Can I Check the Status of My Travel Guard Refund Request?
If you were provided with a claim number after submitting your Travel Guard premium refund request, you can use the Claim Status tool. Enter the claim number and your last name, and click on Find Claim.
You can always try to contact Travel Guard’s customer support department at 1-800-826-5248 for more information. Since calling customer service can take quite a long time, use DoNotPay to jump the queue and get connected to a representative as soon as possible.
Another way to check your refund status is to use the contact form on their Contact Travel Guard page.
Possible Issues With Travel Guard Refunds
One common point of confusion for many travelers is the Trip Cancellation coverage. Travel Guard offers the Cancel For Any Reason option as an upgrade for existing coverage plans, but this option doesn’t cover the insurance premium if you need to cancel your trip.
It applies only to prepaid, non-refundable travel expenses such as plane tickets, accommodation bookings, tours, day trips, etc. The insurance premium is refundable in most cases exclusively during the free look period as a separate claim.
How Can DoNotPay Help With Travel Guard Refunds?
If your vacation plans fall through, and you don’t get a chance to make use of the Travel Guard insurance policy, it doesn’t seem fair to let them keep your money. A 15-day free look period is commendable, but sometimes uncontrollable circumstances can ask for an extension of that deadline.
DoNotPay’s method for requesting refunds is much easier and more generous than the standard Travel Guard’s options. Based on the Fair Credit Billing Act of 1974, DoNotPay will help you dispute questionable credit card charges from the previous 60 days. You won’t have to go to the bank or waste time fighting with Travel Guard customer service representatives.
All you need to do is:
- Set up your DoNotPay account in a
- Choose File a Chargeback from the homepage
- Answer basic questions about your bank
- Enter information about the Travel Guard charge you need to dispute
After confirming your identity for extra protection, our AI bots will prepare a custom-made dispute letter and send it to your bank. In case your bank or card issuer requires more persuasion, we will back up your claim with a compendium of relevant Visa and MasterCard codes and regulations.
Insurance Refunds Aside, What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay was created out of a need to fight administration and to protect consumer rights whenever possible. You often lose money or give up fighting for your rights because you don’t understand your options, there’s too much paperwork, or the legal system seems too complicated.
With our app, you won’t have to sacrifice time and comfort, but you will still get things done. All of our tools require mere minutes of your time and no knowledge of complicated legal terminology and procedures.
Disputing parking tickets in cities like St. Louis, MO, or Syracuse, NY, saving money by canceling subscriptions like Experian, XSport, and YouTube Premium, blocking email tracking, stopping political robocall scams—these are just a few examples of what DoNotPay can do.
Access DoNotPay from any . Our numerous tools and features can help you with:
- Solving problems with credit cards
- Appealing speeding tickets
- Eliminating text spam
- Dealing with traffic citations
- Canceling unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Using free trials risk-free
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling DMV appointments fast and easy
- Disputing parking tickets
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Managing bills that are too high
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Signing up for clinical trials