Reach a Live Customer Service Agent at Royal Bank of Scotland
As one of the largest banks in Scotland, the Royal Bank has expanded to have locations in both England and Wales. This bank offers personal and commercial account options. With a bank this large, you may question how to contact the Royal Bank of Scotland customer service.
Unfortunately, it can take a lot of time on the phone and waiting for replies to your inquiries. This can be frustrating since most of the time, you will contact them when something has come up with your money.
As the world's first online robotic lawyer, DoNotPay aims to take away some frustration for you. We can do it by providing you with the information you need and in other ways. We can do it in the same way that we may deal with customer services at Marriott or Virgin Media, only with banking in mind.
How to Contact the Royal Bank of Scotland’s Customer Service
Since the Royal Bank of Scotland is such a large bank, there are several ways you can go about contacting them. It simply depends on what you are seeking information about. For instance:
|Royal Bank of Scotland Support/FAQ Site||Support Centre|
|Royal Bank of Scotland Phone Number (Savings Account)||0345 602 0304 or +44 (0) 1313 37 76 86|
|Royal Bank of Scotland Phone Number (General Information)||0345 600 2230 or +44 118 373 2181|
|Royal Bank of Scotland Phone Number (Account Enquiries)||0345 721 3141 or +44 (0) 1313 37 42 18|
|Royal Bank of Scotland Social Media|
|Royal Bank of Scotland Address||Bank of Scotland, PO Box 23581, Edinburgh, EH1 1WH|
|Royal Bank of Scotland Online Chat||Online Chat|
- Customer Service for Savings Account Call: 0345 602 0304 or +44 (0) 1313 37 76 86. Automated Access is Available 24/7 for Existing Customers. Advisers Are Available from 7 am to 11 pm. New Customer Hours are Monday through Friday 7 am to 10 pm and on Weekends 8 am to 6 pm.
- For General Information, Call: 0345 600 2230 or +44 118 373 2181 (24 Hours).
- Bank Account Enquiries Call: 0345 721 3141 or +44 (0) 1313 37 42 18. Hours of Availability are 7 am to 11 pm daily if you're an existing customer.
To discover other numbers, you may need to call, you can visit their website. Alternatively, there are other ways for you to contact someone at the bank. This can be done:
- With the Banking App: Google Play or App Store (if you are an existing customer)
- Address: Bank of Scotland, PO Box 23581, Edinburgh, EH1 1WH
- Online Chat
- Your Local Branch
Using any of these means can get you in touch with someone who may be able to help you. However, trying to figure out which option will be best for your situation may be a little complicated.
Alternative Ways to Complain About Royal Bank of Scotland’s Customer Service
If you are unable to contact customer support, and you have written letters to try to resolve your complaints, there are other options for you to consider. You should keep in mind that writing a letter to the Royal Bank of Scotland in Edinburgh is the first step you should take before considering an ADR, an ombudsman, or a civil court. Without the letter, you will be told that you must write it and give them a chance to make it right.
When writing your letter, you should include:
- Today's Date
- Your Name, Address, and Last Few Numbers in Your Account. (Never include your entire account number or information)
- Details of What Is Happening with Your Account
- Anything You Have Tried to Do to Resolve It
- What Can Be Done to Make It Right
- A Date Showing How Long You Will Wait for Contact and Resolution (usually 14 days from original date + postal delivery time)
- What You Will Do If They Refuse to Help You
You should mail your letter via a certified post and keep a copy for your records. It will prove that the Royal Bank received your letter and what you said to them in your letter. It will help you if you need to consider using alternative resolution options.
Step 1: An ADR Scheme
The Alternative Dispute Resolution is available to help you deal with financial services, telecoms, and energy complaints. These are already established by the government. Once the process has begun, the ADR representative can help you by taking on:
- Mediation: This means you and the bank will work together with a third party to reach an agreement that both are satisfied with.
- Arbitration: In Arbitration, the third-party studies the facts of your situation, considers what is shown by both you and the bank, and decides based on it.
If you would like to know more about an ADR Scheme, you should visit Gov.UK or Citizens Advice. Citizens Advice can be reached by:
- Telephone: 0808 223 1133
- Online Chat or Contact Form
Upon reaching out to someone about the ADR, you should be fully prepared to show proof of your claims, your efforts to resolve it, and more.
Step 2: Contact an Ombudsman
If the ADR is unable to help you, then you may want to contact a financial ombudsman. However, the issue or complaint that you have must not have occurred more than six months ago. To learn more, you can contact an ombudsman service by:
In most situations, the financial ombudsman service will not stop until everyone's content. However, if you still feel that your case wasn't handled properly, you can take it to small claims court.
Step 3: Small Claim Court
If the financial ombudsman service cannot help you resolve your complaint against Royal Bank, and you've done your part to reach out to their claims department, small claims may help. This option is reserved for small businesses in financial situations with the bank, but anyone can use it.
To get the process started, you will need to:
- Contact Civil Money Claim: Call 0300 123 7050 if your claim is for less than £10,000.00. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm.
- Contact Money Claims Online: If your claim is for more than £10,000.01, you will need to call 0300 123 1057 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, or fill out an online form. You may also reach out through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your case has been heard, and a ruling is given, the matter will be considered, "settled". Some fees must be paid to the court based on the amount of money your claim provides you with.
DoNotPay Can Get the Process Started by Contacting Customer Support
At DoNotPay, we know financial issues can frustrate anyone. Add to that the long wait to get in touch with a large bank like Royal Bank of Scotland's customer service, and the frustration will only grow.
DoNotPay can help you by allowing to you skip long Royal Bank of Scotland phone queues and the same process that has already proven effective. All you have to do is:
- Open your web browser and sign up for DoNotPay.
- Type in Skip Waiting on Hold and select the product.
- Search for the company you'd like to call.
- Click on the name of the company and have us do the work for you.
That's it! DoNotPay will let you know the instant a live representative picks up, allowing you to speak to a real person. Although the wait may not grow shorter, it can ensure that the process doesn't just frustrate you more!
Why Trust in DoNotPay's Skip the Wait Customer Service Product?
The same process that DoNotPay can use to help you connect with the Royal Bank of Scotland has already proven effective at helping people, like you, skip the wait. The process works for over 10,000 companies, both large and small. Some of our biggest success stories include:
It can help you as well! That is the DoNotPay promise to you!
Other DoNotPay Services You May Need
Reaching out to large entities like the Royal Bank of Scotland customer service team is difficult and time-consuming. However, it doesn't have to be a process that you waste your entire day on. With DoNotPay any phone queue can be less irritating, even if you must call multiple times.
We use the same process that's helped us handle other problems for our clients. Therefore, our products and services have grown to keep up. Some of our services include:
- Filing Small Claims Court Cases
- Company Complaints
- Helping with Bills
- Discovering Money
- TOS Agreements
- Compensation from Airlines
- Free Trial Offers
- DMV Appointments
Join DoNotPay today and never wait on hold again!