How to Connect with a Live Customer Service Rep at Offspring
Offspring is your one-stop shop for classic sneakers from the biggest brands like Nike, Adidas, New Balance, and many more. does its best to respond to customer queries and complaints within five working hours. The company encourages any customer with an issue to contact their customer service representatives Monday to Friday during work hours.
Unfortunately, reaching customer service can be challenging, especially during busy periods. You could spend several minutes listening to lousy on-hold music, which is quite frustrating. If you need help skipping long phone queues when contacting Offspring customer service, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay built a robot to dial the number for you and connect you when you reach a real human being.
How Can I Reach Offspring Customer Service?
You can contact through email and social media. They also provide their address for letters and returns.
Offspring's Customer Service Contact Information
|Address||OFFSPRING CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT
1-8 Moorfield Industrial Estate
Customer Service operating times are as follows:
- Monday to Friday – 8 AM to 6:30 PM
- Saturday – 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Public and Bank Holidays - 9 AM to 6.30 PM
How Long Does Offspring Take to Reply to Emails?
Offspring says on their website they do all they can to respond to all emails and social media contact within five working hours. During peak periods, responses may take up to 24 hours.
Can I Seek Help From Consumer Arbitration ADR for My Complaint?
If Offspring fails to address your complaint conclusively, Consumer ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme) is an alternative option to resolve your dispute. However, you should note that to be eligible to make a complaint, you must have already complained to Offspring in writing and received a final written response or given the retailer eight weeks to respond to your dispute. Keep in mind Consumer Arbitration can only deal with unresolved complaints.
Is There a Fee to Use Consumer Arbitration?
To use Consumer Arbitration, you have to pay a nominal administration fee of £10 for disputes up to the value of £750 and £25 for disputes from £750.01.
What Types of Disputes Are Dealt With by Consumer Arbitration ADR?
The following are some of the common disputes that consumer arbitration often deals with:
- Customer service disputes
- Routine goods
- Faulty goods
- Missing parts
- Delivery related complaints
Can I Sue Offspring in Small Claims Court?
Small claims courts solve most of the complaints consumers have against Offspring. If you have a simple, low-value case of less than £ 10,000 in England, you can present it to a judge for adjudication without going through all the formalities of a traditional court.
What Is the Cost of Using a Small Claims Court?
Using a small claims court typically costs a lot cheaper in fees than a traditional court. This is because you put the case forward yourself, so you don't need to pay for an attorney. However, you are required to pay small claims court fees, which depend on how much you're claiming and whether you're in England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.
What Is the Process of Taking Offspring to Small Claims Court?
The following are the steps to take Offspring to small claims court:
- Write a letter of complaint: the first step is to complain formally to Offspring through a letter before action. In your letter, state your complaint and what you want the retailer to do to address the issue.
- Name the defendant: Naming the defendant means determining whether the defendant is an individual, a business, or both. For businesses, find the owners and the registered agent.
- Filing and serving your complaint: The small claims process begins by filing a complaint in court. Get all the paperwork and fill out the necessary forms yourself. You can serve the summons yourself or allow the court to do so.
- Prepare your case: Preparing for your case means gathering all documents and evidence.
Are There Alternatives to Small Claims Court?
Yes. There are several alternatives to small claims court, including:
- Settle: It is advisable to attempt to settle a dispute out of court before filing your claim form. Early settlement typically saves filing costs and a lot of time.
- Mediation: If you can't settle the case yourself, try mediation. Here a trained mediator brings two disputing parties together to seek a solution negotiation.
- Using a government agency: There are several government agencies that help settle retail disputes. Find an agency that provides investigation and arbitration services.
Get in Touch With Offspring Customer Service Using DoNotPay
The first step to resolve your issues is always to contact the company. Here's how you can use DoNotPay to avoid Offspring's phone queue:
- Open your web browser and sign up for DoNotPay.
- Type in Skip Waiting on Hold and select the product.
- Search for the company you’d like to call.
- Click on the name of the company and have us do the work for you.
That's it. DoNotPay will let you know as soon as real customer support picks up, so you don't spend a second waiting on hold.
DoNotPay Can Help
We can also help you solve customer care issues for:
If you have an issue with Offspring, you will need to contact their customer service and file your complaint. If you are experiencing delays , DoNotPay is here to help. DoNotPay can call any customer service phone number and wait on hold in your place. Join us today to skip the phone queue and reach a live customer service agent quickly!