Nevada Sex Offender Registry—Updated Information
Did you know there are currently around 7,300 convicted sex offenders in Nevada? To keep you and your family safe, you should learn how to search the Nevada sex offender registry to be aware of any potential danger in your neighborhood.
to learn how to perform a sex offender search in a matter of minutes and stay in the loop by receiving automated updates about local sex offenders!
How To Use the Nevada Sex Offenders Search
Since 1996, convicted sex offenders have been obligated to place themselves on the sex offender registry that is publicly available thanks to Megan’s Law. This sexual offender registration law also requires sex offenders to update their registrations regularly.
Every U.S. state has its sex offender registry, including Nevada. Here is how to search for sex offenders in Nevada:
- Open the Nevada sex offender registry website and accept the Conditions of Use
- Enter the generated CAPTCHA code and click on Continue
- Type in the first and last name of the offender
- Enter another CAPTCHA code and click on Search
You can also search for sex offenders through Vehicle Search by entering a license plate. Another option is to use Geographical Search to find sex offenders in your area by entering the desired geographic parameters on the sex offenders map.
You can also search the Nevada sex offenders registry by:
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dialing 1-775-684-6262 to perform the search over the phone
- Sending a letter to the following address: Nevada Criminal History Repository 333 West Nye Lane, Ste. 100 Carson City, NV 89706
If you find these search methods too complex or time-consuming, you are not alone. DoNotPay can help you search for sex offenders fast and keep you updated with weekly reports if you choose so.
Use DoNotPay To Do a Nevada Sex Offender Search for Your Area
Most sexual assaults happen in the vicinity of the victim’s residence. Don’t let a Nevada sex offender endanger you or your family! Keep track of all registered sexual offenders in your neighborhood with DoNotPay.
We offer one-time checks and regular weekly updates for sexual offenders anywhere in the U.S. Here is how to use our service to find out whether a sex offender lives near you:
- Pick our Sex Offender Search feature
- Choose whether you want to check on a specific offender or look for offenders in your area
- Select whether or not you want to receive weekly updates
Nevada Sex Offender Laws—Offender Tiers Explained
The Assembly Bill 579 implemented in 2018 aligned the Nevada sex offender registration laws with federal law requirements. Sex crimes are categorized in tiers that are assigned in correlation with the offender’s wrongdoing and the victim’s age at the time of the crime:
- Tier I offenses—indecent exposure, open lewdness, sexual seduction of a person under the age of 21, and other non-violent sex crimes
- Tier II offenses—sexual crimes committed against minors, such as coercion, sex trafficking, sexual contact, prostitution, production or distribution of child pornography, and similar
- Tier III offenses—sexual abuse, aggravated sexual assault, kidnapping of minors, and sexual acts against children under 13
Refer to the table below for specific information on reporting frequency and registration time according to the tier of sex crimes:
|Sex Crime Tier||Reporting Frequency||Registration Time|
|Tier I||Once a year||15 years|
|Tier II||Biannually||25 years|
|Tier III||Every 90 days||Indefinitely|
Nevada Sex Offender Restrictions
Sex offenders in Nevada face various restrictions that make their lives more difficult. Many offenders try to avoid restrictions by not registering. The consequences that unregistered sex offenders face if caught are severe.
Nevada Sex Offender Residency Restrictions
The following residential restrictions apply to sex offenders on parole or probation:
- All sex offenders in Nevada that are under parole or probation must get residence approval from their parole or probation officers
- They have 48 hours to register with the local authorities every time they change their address
- These sex offenders can live with their families
- Nevada sex offenders can’t live with three or more former convicts unless they are in transitional living facilities
- Tier three sex offenders cannot live within the 1,000 feet radius of:
- Other facilities primarily used by children
Travel Restrictions for Sex Offenders in Nevada
Sex offenders from Nevada can travel to other states, but they have to follow the destination state’s registration rules.
How To Keep Your Family Safe if There Are Sex Offenders Living Near You
Did you perform a sex offender search, and the results confirmed that there are predators in your area? It’s natural to panic, but try not to. You should do the following to deal with the situation in the best way possible:
- Warn your family about the potential threat, especially the children or teens
- Organize a community meeting in the neighborhood for a calm discussion on the matter
- Talk to the parole or probation officer assigned to the offender
- Be on the lookout and inform the authorities if anything illegal happens nearby
DoNotPay Is the Robot Lawyer You Need!
Dealing with the law and understanding legal protocols is difficult if you’re not used to doing it on a daily basis. That’s why DoNotPay comes to the rescue!
Assisting you in drafting legal documents, creating a neighbor complaint letter, and suing companies in small claims court is what we do best.
That’s not all! With us, you can tackle any legal task head-on, no matter how big or small, including:
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Filing for crime victim compensation
- Getting a document notarized online
- Reducing property taxes
- Taking the perfect passport photo
Deal With Companies Hassle-Free
If you love to shop and you want to make the experience as easy and enjoyable as possible, you’re in the right place! DoNotPay provides you with various features that allow you to accomplish just that.
You don’t have to struggle trying to reach customer support or figuring out how to claim a warranty or file an insurance claim by yourself. You can cancel any subscription, sign up for free trials, and discover how to use every last penny from your gift cards in minutes!
In case you made a purchase, but your package is missing, don’t fret! Finding your missing parcel is only a few clicks away.