How to Easily Close an ICICI Bank Account Online
Under normal circumstances, closing a bank account is usually a tedious and dreaded process. However, with many bank operations having transitioned online, everything becomes more manageable as most operations are carried out online.
When closing your ICICI Bank account, you will need to write a letter to the bank manager to close your bank account. It is worth noting that processes may vary, like how to close a TD Bank account may be slightly different from how to close a Chase Bank account or close a US Bank account.
Closing your ICICI bank account may be a daunting task. Most people are turned off by the hassle and stress involved. However, the process is made easy using DoNotPay. This guide will cover the process involved in closing your ICICI Bank account, how difficult it is to do it on your own, and how DoNotPay can help.
Reasons to Close an ICICI Bank Account
You may decide to for many reasons. The most common ones are:
- Closing out a deceased family member's account
- Poor customer service
- Poor relationship with the bank staff
- You may have multiple bank accounts
- Your bank may not be performing bank services properly
- The bank may charge higher fees for financial transactions
Potential Costs When Closing a Bank Account
Here are some potential costs associated with closing a bank account:
|REASON FOR THE CHARGE
|Wire transfer fee
|Domestic outgoing: $24 to $35
Domestic incoming: $15 to $20
Plus a service fee: Amount depends on the bank
|If you transfer any remaining funds from your old account to your new one, you may incur this charge. Both the old and new banks may charge you for the wire transfer.
|ACH Transfer Fee
|$0 to $5
|The automated clearing house (ACH) is an electronic fund-transfer system in the US. You may incur this charge if you transfer the remaining funds from your old account to your new one.
|Early Account Closure Fee
|$10 to $50 but can also be pro-rated depending on the age of your account or a flat-rate charge
|You may incur this charge if you close the account before it reaches a certain period of maturity.
|You may incur this charge if any checks or automated payments bounce.
|Stop Payment Fee
|$30 to $36
|If you request any stop payments on checks you’ve issued from the old account, you may incur this fee.
|Monthly Maintenance Fee
|$2 to $16
|You may incur this charge if your balance with the old account is below the minimum daily requirement while you’re transitioning to a new account.
How to Close an ICICI Bank Account Online by Yourself
The following are the main steps to follow when closing an :
- Fill out the ICICI Bank account Closure Form. You can download this from your bank's website, and you should sign the form before submission.
- Attach your Know Your Customer Documents. This is a copy of PAN, which is also proof of identity. At times, you may be asked to self-attest the documents.
- You will have to surrender your balance check leaves, passbook, and debit card to your bank account.
- Process the request for closing the bank account.
- Withdraw any balance from your account.
However, this process is very time-consuming, very tedious, and it will cost you a lot of money to get everything done. Doing it on your own can be quite an uphill task because you will have to deal with a lot of documentation. However, DoNotPay will assist you with this issue immediately, so you can relax while we do the hard work for you.
How Long Does It Take To Close an ICICI Bank Account?
It is worth noting that while closing an ICICI Bank account online should be an easy process, it can take you a lot of time, depending on how prepared you are. Depending on if you have the proper paperwork and documentation, this process can take a day to several days.
With DoNotPay, however, they will handle everything for you so you can relax and be rest assured that your account will be closed immediately.
Can a Bank Refuse to Close My Account?
The only time a bank will refuse to close an account is if you have pending financial obligations with them. Otherwise, you have all the rights to terminate your bank account. If you still have unpaid fees with the bank, closing your account can hurt your credit score.
How to Quickly and Easily Close an ICICI Bank Account Online With DoNotPay
If you want to quickly and easily Close an ICICI Account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Close Bank Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select which bank the account was opened under, and enter the account type, account number, and your local branch location.
- Indicate who this account belongs to. If the owner or co-owner has passed away, upload a death certificate or other formal evidence. If you are not the original account owner, upload evidence of your legal relationship to the owner.
- Tell us why you need to close this account.
- Enter your contact information, including email, phone number, and the address you want any remaining funds to be sent to.
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the bank with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies, Entities, and Groups With the Click of a Button
In addition to helping you close your ICICI bank account, DoNotPay can also:
- Assist you when the bank closes your account.
- Help you close banks accounts such as those from Bank of America and PNC Bank.
- Close a loved one’s bank account after they have passed and did not leave a will.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you:
- Dispute a seatbelt ticket.
- Get insurance claims.
- Get a parking ticket dismissed.
DoNotPay is always available online 24/7. Therefore, you can always reach out concerning closing your ICICI bank account.