Easily Close a Synchrony Bank Account
Synchrony bank has a poor reputation for customer service. If you need help closing a Synchrony bank account, you're in the right place!
The DoNotPay App is the world's first robot lawyer. You can use it to legally close all kinds of bank accounts, including those with Synchrony.
You might be in a hurry, so let's get started. DoNotPay is the fastest way to get it done.
Reasons People Choose to Cancel their Synchrony Bank Accounts
We've already mentioned Synchrony Bank's reputation for awful customer service.
Other reasons people choose to close their accounts include:
- No access to a physical branch
- Excess fees, unwanted charges, or surprise charges
- High interest rates on credit cards or loans
- Rude customer service reps, difficulty understanding representatives on the phone, or a language barrier
Will Closing a Bank Account Affect Your Credit Score?
Generally speaking, you won't hurt your credit score by closing an account in good standing.
However, it could affect your credit score if Synchrony closes your account because:
- You've over-drafted the account
- Written bad checks and not made good on them
Sometimes, people must close a bank account on behalf of a family member who has passed away. If this is you, we're sorry for your loss.
How to Close a Synchrony Bank Account by Yourself
You can also try to close your Synchrony account by yourself. According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) reviews, most people have a hard time dealing with Synchrony. They've received more than 2,500 complaints in the past year. That's more than 200 every month or six complaints every day! Many of them have to do with account closures, credit card cancellation, and the like.
Synchrony is an online bank, so there are no local branches. That means you cannot walk in and speak to a teller or manager. You'll need to write a formal cancellation letter and send it via snail mail.
What to Put in a Cancellation Letter
Be sure to include:
- Your name and anyone else's name that is on the account
- The bank account number or CD number
- A return address where funds can be sent
- A reason for closing the account
- The date and your signature
Mail Your Synchrony Bank Account Cancellation Letter
Remember to put postage on your envelope, and send it to:
PO Box 105972
Atlanta, GA 30348-5972
But remember, Synchrony Bank has a terrible reputation for customer service, so you'll want to keep a copy of this letter for your records and send it via certified mail. That way, it doesn't end up in the trash.
Why not let the world's first robot lawyer handle all this paperwork for you? It's so much faster and easier!
How to Close a Synchrony Bank Account if Someone Has Passed Away
The only way Synchrony bank will allow you to close a bank account for someone else is if they have passed away. If you're closing a bank account for a deceased family member, you'll need to send a certified copy of the death certificate – and DoNotPay can help you get those, too!
Once you have the certified copy, you can write that cancellation letter and send the death certificate to Synchrony or upload it into the DoNotPay App and let us handle it for you!
The Quick and Easy Way to Close Your Synchrony Account with DoNotPay
DoNotPay has you covered! We'll help you create a cancellation letter in six easy steps:
- Go to the Close Bank Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select which bank the account was opened under, and enter the account type, account number, and your local branch location.
- Indicate who this account belongs to. If the owner or co-owner has passed away, upload a death certificate or other formal evidence. If you are not the original account owner, upload evidence of your legal relationship with the owner.
- Tell us why you need to close this account.
- Enter your contact information, including email, phone number, and the address you want any remaining funds to be sent to.
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the bank with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Wasn't that easy? Now you can move forward knowing your Synchrony bank account was closed properly.
What Else Can I Do With DoNotPay?
Closing a Synchrony bank account is only one of the thousands of legal tasks DoNotPay can handle for you!
Other bank accounts that we can help you close:
|Bank of America||US Bank|
You can also use the DoNotPay App to find marriage and death certificates, pay your utility bills online, and fight traffic tickets.
Sign up today!