Close Your Ally Bank Account the Simple Way
Do you want to close your Ally bank account? Regardless of the reason, you should be able to seamlessly close your account when you're ready. Unfortunately, closing a bank account doesn't always involve the easiest process for customers, which often leaves them in frustration.
Many banks make it difficult for customers to navigate their websites and learn how to close their accounts. On top of that, many customer service representatives are trained to encourage customers to stay with their bank, making the closing process feel even longer.
Here at DoNotPay, we make it easy for you to close your bank account, allowing you to avoid unnecessary hassle. We're going to show you how you can close your Ally bank account on your own and how you can use DoNotPay as the easier, less time-consuming solution.
Reasons to Close Your Bank Account
Many people close their bank accounts for a variety of reasons. You may decide to close your Ally bank account if the following occurs:
- You consistently experience poor customer service.
- You've relocated and want to find a bank in the local area.
- If a co-owner has passed away.
- You're being assessed for too many fees with your current bank account.
- Another bank account offers a better deal that's best suited for your needs.
How to Close Your Ally Bank Account
Ally Bank gives their customers two options when it comes to closing their bank account:
- Calling by Phone
- Via Mail
Calling by Phone
If you prefer to speak with a customer service representative to close your bank account with Ally Bank, you can call 877-247-2559 and someone will help you start the process.
A bank is not permitted to stop you from closing your bank account. But keep in mind that by calling to close your bank account, it's possible that the customer service representative will try to discourage you from permanently closing your account by offering additional perks. If you have a hard time getting the account closed or you would prefer to avoid the process altogether, you may find that sending a letter is more effective for your needs.
You can also close your Ally Bank account by sending them a letter expressing that you would like to close your account. Written requests must be sent to:
Ally Bank Customer Care
P.O. Box 951
Horsham, PA 19044
Can I Access My Information After My Account Has Closed?
Ally Bank allows you to view your account information online for up to 60 days. If all of your accounts associated with Ally Bank have been closed, you can still view your tax forms and statements within the last 7 years.
How to Write a Formal Letter to Close Your Ally Bank Account
Writing a formal letter to close a bank account is often the preferred method when contacting the bank. A written letter offers less hassle for customers dealing with more complicated banks and provides written communication that you are requesting bank closure. Here is some information to include when writing a letter.
- First, specify why you're sending the letter. Explicitly state that you are requesting to close your Ally Bank account with them.
- Be sure to include the account(s) associated with Ally Bank that you would like to close.
- Request that Ally Bank send you written confirmation that your account will be closed for your records.
Use DoNotPay to Simplify the Process
Are you looking for a better way to close your Ally Bank account? Use DoNotPay to simplify the process for you. DoNotPay is:
|Fast||You don't need to spend unnecessary time trying to find the right person or address to close your bank account. DoNotPay will do all of the research for you and get your account closed as quickly as possible.|
|Easy||By using our product, you get to sit in the comfort of your own home while we draft your written letter.|
|Successful||We will find the right form of contact and include all of the required information to get your account successfully closed.|
Here’s How DoNotPay Can Help You Close Your Bank Account:
If you want to Quickly/Easily Close an Ally Bank Account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
1. Go to the Close Bank Accounts product on DoNotPay.
2. Select which bank the account was opened under, and enter the account type, account number, and your local branch location.
3. Indicate who this account belongs to. If the owner or co-owner has passed away, upload a death certificate or other formal evidence. If you are not the original account owner, upload evidence of your legal relationship to the owner.
4. Tell us why you need to close this account.
5. Enter your contact information, including email, phone number, and the address you want any remaining funds to be sent to.
6. Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the bank with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Do you need to close your Ally bank account? DoNotPay has you covered. By using our Close Bank Accounts product, you can seamlessly close your bank account with ease.
You don't need to go through the trouble of looking for the right information and getting in touch with a customer service representative, we will help draft your written letter and send it to the correct parties. Sign up with us today to get started!