How to Close a Union Bank Account
doesn't want you to close your bank account, neither does TD Bank, US Bank, PNC, or Chase. Part of every bank's business model is to make closing an account as confusing as possible, so they can continue to get fees from your account.
They don't want you to know that you can close your bank account anytime you'd like with no explanations. Most banks, however, require a formal letter closing the account because they know most people don't like writing them.
Sometimes a bank wants to close your account, and a closed bank account would hurt your credit; at times like that, you need someone on your side. DoNotPay can help you with any bank closure problem in a snap.
This guide will talk about the difficult steps you have to take to close an account at Union Bank, how frustrating it is to do it alone, and how DoNotPay makes it painless.
Reasons to Close a Bank Account
There are many reasons why you may want to close an account, including:
- Online banking may be more convenient for you.
- You may be moving and want to settle all the business in the city you're in before you leave.
- There may be a bank that has superior interest rates
- A loved one may have passed away, and there's no reason to keep their account open.
How Do I Close a Union Bank Account?
You have three choices if you want to close an account at .
- You can visit the bank in person and talk to a branch manager who may not close your account without a formal letter.
- You can write a formal letter to the bank, wait until they receive it, and wait again until they act on it.
- You can go online and print out the forms you need to close your account, fill out the confusing forms, and mail them or take them to the branch manager.
There are problems with all these scenarios. You should be able to close your account at any time, but if you are not a confrontational person or the bank has some small print requiring a letter, you may not be able to do it in person.
There's also the problem of being off while banks are open. You don't want to spend your lunch hour at the bank only to leave empty-handed.
The bank requires a formal letter because they know people are intimidated to write one. However, DoNotPay can create a perfect letter for you in minutes.
Don't go through the hassle; let DoNotPay close the bank account for you.
How Do I Create a Formal Request Letter to Close My Bank Account?
You need to write a formal letter to the bank manager with your account information and the reason for closing the account. Then, request to transfer the balance to the bank account. Mention your name, account number, signature at the end of the letter.
Writing this can be stressful and time-consuming, while DoNotPay will automatically draft a letter to your bank that's perfect every time.
How Long Does It Take To Close a Bank Account?
It can take from days to months, depending on the situation. So let DoNotPay close the account quickly and easily.
Can a Bank Refuse to Close My Account?
You need to not owe the bank any money. Assuming you don't, you can close it at any time.
Can I Close a Joint Bank Account if My Co-owner Passes Away?
You can only close the account if you upload a death certificate or give other formal evidence for account closure. However, you do not have to go through the complicated process of closing the joint bank if you close the account with DoNotPay's help.
How to Quickly/Easily Close a Union Bank Account With DoNotPay
If you want to Quickly/Easily Close a Union Bank Account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
1. Go to the Close Bank Accounts product on DoNotPay.
2. Select which bank the account was opened under, and enter the account type, account number, and your local branch location.
3. Indicate who this account belongs to. If the owner or co-owner has passed away, upload a death certificate or other formal evidence. If you are not the original account owner, upload evidence of your legal relationship to the owner.
4. Tell us why you need to close this account.
5. Enter your contact information, including email, phone number, and the address you want any remaining funds to be sent to.
6. Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the bank with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Why Use DoNotPay to Close Your Account at Union Bank?
You have the right to close the account. Let DoNotPay handle dealing with the bank.
|Fast||You don't have to spend countless hours on the phone trying to close the account.|
|Easy||Give DoNotPay some basic information, and we will close the account promptly.|
|Successful||We've helped thousands of people close their accounts, and we can help you too.|
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can't just help you close your bank account. Instead, DoNotPay can help you resolve issues with a variety of problems.
- DoNotPay can help recover Spotify account passwords the same way with Amazon, eBay, or Steam.
- Or it can help you get your birth certificate in Kentucky the same way it could for California.
- DoNotPay can help you close the accounts at any bank.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
There are so many ways DoNotPay can help you, including:
- How to win in small claims court.
- We can stop you from getting stalked and harrassed
- We can help you do a sex offender search
- We can teach you how to file a formal complaint
Why spend all your time trying to close an account at Union Bank? Use DoNotPay today!