How to Delete Your TextPlus Account
TextPlus offers a free way to send and receive infinite text messages without going through the pricey phone service system. Why pay for texts when they can be sent through wifi you already have instead? TextPlus makes it easy to keep in touch with both personal and professional texting using a virtual phone number assigned to each app user when they sign up.
When you're done using an online or app account, however, it's important to fully delete your data behind you. Hackers often seek unused accounts because they contain usernames and passwords in common with your more important accounts, like your work email or even your bank. By when it's no longer in use, you keep yourself safe from back-hacks in the future, maybe even years down the road.
However, TextPlus doesn't necessarily delete your login when they remove your account and recycle the number. With DoNotPay, you can make sure your data is fully deleted every time you delete an account.
How to Delete Your TextPlus Account Through the App
the official way is quick and easy through both Android and iPhone versions of the app. As long as you can log in.
- Log Into Your TextPlus App
- Navigate to Settings
- Android: Then select "Account Settings"
- Select "Delete Account" and Complete the Phrase Match
- Uninstall the TextPlus App
Can I Delete With — Yes/No
How to Delete Your TextPlus Account If You Can't Log Into the App
Can't log into your TextPlus app? This can happen if you forget your password, lose your original phone, or lose control of the email address you signed up with. In this case, you will need to send an email or submit a support ticket to TextPlus requesting that your account be deleted before it becomes a security risk.
Send an Email
- Start an email addressed to >firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title the email "Delete My TextPlus Account" or something similar
- Explain your login troubles and that you'd like to delete your account
- TextPlus typically recycles your number promptly after receiving the email
Submit a Support Ticket
- Go to the TextPlus Support Ticket page
- Enter your name
- Provide your active email (one you can check and respond to)
- Title the request "Delete my TextPlus Account" or something similar
- Explain your need to delete your account
- Wait for a response or for your TextPlus number to stop working.
Is My TextPlus Account Really Deleted?
Like many app services, TextPlus is happy to recycle your number and call it quits when the app is deleted. However, there is some evidence that your actual login - your username and password - remains in their database after your account deletion is complete. If your goal is to fully remove your data from unmonitored sources, DoNotPay can help you push to have this last remnant of (very important) data removed from TextPlus servers when you are done with their service.
Wait, I Want to Recover My TextPlus Account Instead
Managing a TextPlus account is easy unless you lose your login information. Fortunately, you don't have to delete your account and start over. If you don't want to lose your virtual number that has already been given to friends or clients, DoNotPay can help you restore access to your account instead. We offer several account management services to retake control of your TextPlus account based on your individual needs.
Deleting Your TextPlus Account with the help of DoNotPay
When you want to make sure all of your data is removed after your account is deleted, DoNotPay is here to help. TextPlus is one of the many internet phone services that will recycle your virtual number after a certain period of disuse, but how long do they keep your login and password? This is the data that hackers troll for to see if they can hack your other accounts with the same credentials.
With DoNotPay, you can be absolutely certain that all of your data is wiped when you delete your TextPlus account. As an online service, we know how to make sure it's done right and will let you know when your account is fully deleted from storage so your data is safe.
How to Delete Old Accounts Using DoNotPay:
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Works across All Accounts with the Click of a Button
We can help you delete - fully delete - any account on the internet. Let us know which providers and accounts you want to delete with and we'll ensure they wipe all your personal data, not just the public account.
- Delete AOL Account
- Delete Yahoo Account
- Delete Gmail Account
- Delete Paypal Account
- Delete Amazon Account
- Delete Venmo Account
- Delete Facebook Account
- Delete eHarmony Account
- Delete Instagram Account
- Delete Uber Account
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Is there anything else we can do to make your digital life easier? You bet! DoNotPay has developed a large selection of services that can help you check items off your to-do list and skip the customer service hassle. Here are just a few more of our many services that can save you some time, money, and headaches.
- Item Return Requests
- Send Online Faxes
- File a Complaint
- Find Lost Items
- Hotel Upgrades
- Free Trials Without Charge
- Appeal Banned Account
- Spam Collector
Deleting an online account to limit the spread of your personal data should be easy. But sometimes, a provider will keep your data in their archives long after your account is dormant or closed. DoNotPay can help you clean up all your old accounts and have your data fully deleted so you don't have to worry about what's floating around in cyberspace waiting to get hacked.