How to Delete a Swagbucks Account
Swagbucks is a popular site that allows users to earn cash through online games, surveys, and more. But just as with Facebook, Yahoo, and even Uber accounts, deleting an old or unused Swagbucks account is vital in helping to keep your information safe. How do you , and when should you delete an account? This is DoNotPay's guide to deleting an unused Swagbucks account.
How to Delete a Swagbucks Account on Your Own
To delete your Swagbucks account, there are a few steps to take. Here are the steps for deleting your account:
- Log onto your Swagbuck's account.
- From there, go to the "My Settings" page. You will be asked to provide your password for verification.
- After entering your password, you will be brought to your "Accounts" page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Cancel My Account" link.
- It will then ask you to enter your password again. You will then be sent a confirmation email.
- You will be asked to click the link in the email sent to you to ensure that your account is deleted.
It is also recommended to check your notification preferences to make sure you have opted out of all Swagbucks promotional information.
Here are all the ways you can :
|Can I Delete Swagbucks With||Yes / No|
Reasons Why You May Need to Delete Your Swagbucks Account
There are a few reasons why a person may want to delete their Swagbucks account. The following are the three most common reasons:
To Keep Credit and Debit Card Information Safe
Credit and debit card information can be left and possibly used to renew subscriptions when left unattended. Deleting your credit and debit information along with your account can help prevent renewal charges from popping up. It can also prevent the possibility of hackers trying to make unauthorized charges.
To Help Prevent a Data Breach
Another reason to delete an unused or old Swagbucks account is to prevent any data breaches or information getting into the wrong hands. For example, if you use the same password on multiple sites or accounts, it gives a hacker a better chance of entering your accounts and stealing more information. Deleting your unused account can greatly decrease this probability.
To Save Data That May Be Erased
If your account is not in use within a year's time, Swagbucks may deactivate or delete your account. This, in turn, could prevent you from seeing information that you saved or earned on the website. Deleting your unused or old account gives you time to look through any information you may want to save before your account is permanently deleted.
Issues That May Arise When Deleting Your Account on Your Own
When it comes to deleting your account, sometimes there are problems that arise. The following are several common issues that people face:
- Forgetting passwords
- Forgetting emails which were used to sign up
- Forgetting security question answers
- Not getting customer service help in a timely manner
- Trouble locating the section in which to delete an account
Deleting an account may also be time-consuming and somewhat frustrating. What if there was a way to delete your Swagbucks account in an efficient and successful way? That is where DoNotPay comes in.
In addition to helping you delete your old account, DoNotPay can also help you recover passwords, manage accounts, and reverse bans. DoNotPay can help you figure out the best solution for your old account and more.
Delete Your Swagbucks Account With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution when it comes to deleting old or unused accounts. DoNotPay can contact Swagbucks on your behalf to make deleting your account much more easy and effective. DoNotPay can also help you successfully delete other unused accounts you may have, such as Instagram, Venmo, and even eHarmony accounts.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay will take care of the rest to ensure your account gets deleted in a prompt and correct way.
What Else Can DoNotPay Offer?
DoNotPay provides a fast, easy, and successful way to delete your Swagbucks account and more. DoNotPay can even help you delete your other unused accounts. To learn more about some of the many accounts DoNotPay can help you with, check out the list below:
- How to delete an Amazon account
- How to delete an AOL account
- How to delete Gmail account
- How to delete a PayPal account
For quick solutions to many pesky problems, for DoNotPay.