How to Delete a Shopify Account
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows users to start and manage businesses. Its software allows subscribers to build online stores. There is a lot you need to know if you want to permanently delete an old .
Because Shopify is used to create online stores, deleting an account involves closing your store, canceling your domain, canceling apps, and several other steps. Shopify cannot close your online store for you, so you will have to do the process yourself. Fortunately, DoNotPay can walk you through everything you need to know and help you delete your account the easy way.
What to Finalize Before You're Ready to Close Your Shopify Account
Before you , there are several tasks you need to complete:
- Pay any outstanding bills or charges. If you do not do this, you won't be able to close your account.
- If you have any third-party providers, let them know that your Shopify account is closing.
- Before you close your store, cancel any recurring charges you've been receiving through your Shopify apps. Uninstalling the app will not cancel the monthly subscription fees.
- If you're moving your online store to a different provider, transfer your custom domain name.
How to Permanently Delete a Shopify Account on Your Own
If you've performed the tasks mentioned above and have decided to not just cancel your Shopify subscription but delete your account entirely, understand that there is only one method to permanently delete your Shopify account by yourself.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Here are the steps to delete the Shopify account yourself:
- Log in to your Shopify account and ensure you're on the admin page.
- Click the settings button, which is at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click on "account".
- Scroll to the bottom of the account page and click on the button that says "close store".
- Enter your password and click confirm.
- Select the reason for wishing to close your account.
This deletion process should work for most people, but if you've forgotten your Shopify password or can't seem to access your old account, you're going to need help to complete the deletion process. DoNotPay can help you verify a Shopify account belongs to you and help you get it deleted.
How to Delete a Shopify Account with DoNotPay
If you can't remember your old Shopify password, don't have access to the email address you used to set up your account, or are having another problem, DoNotPay can help. You can delete your Shopify account in just 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Works Across All Platforms
Most people have signed up for many different online services throughout the years, and it can be easy to uninstall an app but never actually delete your account. Unfortunately, the more open accounts you have, the greater your data is at risk.
Online security breaches happen frequently, exposing data such as email addresses and passwords. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is to permanently delete any account you're no longer planning on using. DoNotPay helps make this process fast and easy.
We can help you permanently erase all kinds of online accounts, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you out with lots of frustrating things, such as:
Why Use DoNotPay
At DoNotPay, we understand how difficult it can be to delete old accounts. Many companies purposely make it challenging to complete the deletion process because they want to hold onto your data for as long as possible. If you've been locked out of your account or can't remember your password, the process becomes even more challenging.
That's why we created our products to be as simple and straightforward to use as possible. We can quickly help you resolve all kinds of frustrating situations - give it a try today!