How to Delete a Postmates Account the Easy Way
Do you have too many delivery apps on your mobile device? Should you account you're no longer using? You might want to pare down the accounts you have floating around, because the more old and rarely-used accounts you have, the more open you are to data theft and spam email. Postmates is now owned by Uber, so there's no reason to have accounts with both.
Let's go over the two ways you can delete a Postmates account. First, you have the DIY method where you go to the Postmates website and jump through their hoops. Next, we'll show you how much easier—and more secure—it is to let DoNotPay delete your Postmates account for you.
How to Delete Your Postmates Account—the Standard Way
If you have all your login information, including the e-mail address you used to register your account and your password, it's fairly straightforward to delete a Postmates account through their website. (If you don't have all the necessary information, skip ahead and let DoNotPay take over.)
Can I Delete With...
How to delete your Postmates account on the website
The best way to delete your Postmates account is from the main website. (Remember, simply deleting the app from your mobile device won't close out your account!)
- Go to www.postmates.com
- Scroll down to the footer menu (the area in black) at the bottom of the page
- Click on "Get Help"
- On the next page, below "All Topics", click on "Account and Payment Options".
- On the next page, click "Account Settings".
- On the next page, scroll halfway down the menu and click "Delete my Postmates Account".
- That link will take you to an Uber-branded site (remember, Uber owns Postmates) where you are prompted to add your email address.
- Enter the email address associated with the account. (Can't remember it? DoNotPay can help!)
- Follow the instructions as prompted
- Postmates will send you an email asking you to confirm your request. Click on the link. You're done!
Common Problems Encountered While Attempting to Delete a Postmates Account
One of the biggest frustrations with deleting old accounts is not knowing what login information you used when you first signed up. Maybe you were so hungry for a delivered meal that you forgot to write down the password, or you used an old email address to which you no longer have access. It's even possible that you're deleting a Postmates account on behalf of a deceased loved one, and you have no idea what login information they used.
Guess what? DoNotPay has products to help you recover old passwords, and even access websites from which you've been banned. Here they are:
- DoNotPay's Unban My Account
- DoNotPay's Recover Passwords
- DoNotPay's Manage Subscriptions
Let DoNotPay Make Deleting Your Postmates Account Easy
If you want to delete old accounts but you want to get it right the first time—without wasting time—DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Wasn't that easier than you thought it would be?
Can DoNotPay Help With Other Account Problems?
DoNotPay can help you manage subscriptions, memberships, and accounts at any website, including these:
- Delete your Facebook account
- Delete your Instagram account
- Delete your Paypal account
- Delete your Gmail account
- Delete Your Amazon account
- Delete your Uber account
- Delete your Venmo account
- Delete your eHarmony account
- Delete your AOL account
- Delete your Yahoo account
How many accounts do you think you have? Now, consider them each as doorways to data hackers. Don't bother changing the locks... let DoNotPay completely brick them up!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay doesn't just handle your online security challenges. We advocate for consumers just like you who are facing frustrating challenges every day. Here are just a few things we can do for you:
- Appeal account bans
- Get rid of email spam
- Get free trials without risk of being charged
- File a formal complaint against any company
- Send a product return request
Are you ready to get started? . Tomorrow, we can help you solve the other problems on your to-do list!