How to Delete a Newsela Account
Newsela is a popular educational reading resource for teachers and students. However, just like Facebook, AOL, and Instagram accounts, there may be situations or circumstances in which a person would need to delete their account. How can you delete a Newsela account, and what are some reasons that a Newsela account might need to be deleted? Here is DoNotPay's guide on .
How to Delete a Newsela Account on Your Own
has several different types of accounts depending on a school and its needs. The following are the accounts that Newsela offers:
- Administration Accounts
- Caregiver Accounts
- Student Accounts
- Teacher Accounts
A school's administration has the ability to remove accounts from its faculty. Teachers can also have a feature to remove a student's account from the class they teach. However, to delete any of the accounts above permanently, you will need to fill out a form on their customer support contact page. You will also need several pieces of information; they are as follows:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- The state in which you reside
- Your school’s name and district
- The Newsela product that you need assistance with
- The technology platform you are using
- Your role in your school’s education
- Whether you are filling out the information for someone else or not
- A short summary of your request
- A category in which your issue is in
- Both a brief description of the issue and steps needed to be resolved or reproduced
They also offer live chat Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (EST), to help you if your problem is urgent. In addition to the form and live chat, you may be able to receive assistance in deleting your account by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons Why You May Need to Delete Your Newsela Account
There are a couple of reasons why a person may need to delete their account with Newsela. Here are three of the most common reasons:
|Changed Jobs||If a teacher decides to take another job or make a career change, they will need to delete their account. Newsela doesn't allow users who are not a part of a school or program using Newsela to access their software. Only students, teachers, administration, and caregivers using the Newsela software may access Newsela's educational content and accounts.|
|Moved To A New Area||If a student or teacher moves to a new area, they may possibly need to delete their account. This is due to the fact that they will no longer be working or studying at that particular school, which uses Newsela. Unless they transfer to a school that uses Newsela with their curriculum, they may ultimately need to delete their account.|
|No Longer Needed||Another reason to delete a Newsela account is that it may no longer be needed. Students can graduate, school curriculums or classes can change, and/or other circumstances may occur. Deleting your profile is important in that your information will be protected against possible data breaches from hackers trying to steal sensitive information.|
Issues You May Run Into in Deleting Your Newsela Account on Your Own
Just as with any other accounts, such as PayPal, Gmail, and even Amazon, deleting an unused or old account is crucial in keeping your information safe. However, issues may turn up when trying to get your account deleted on your own. Here are several problems that may arise:
- Forgetting or misplacing passwords
- Forgetting the email address used to create the Newsela account
- Forgetting the security question answers that were used when the Newsela account was created
- Trouble locating the form for deleting an account
- Not getting customer service help in a timely manner
Deleting an unused account is necessary to ensure your information, as well as saved data, is protected. But this also comes with gathering relevant information and filling out the correct forms to ensure your account gets deleted in a timely and efficient manner. What if there was a way in which could save you time in getting an account deleted in a quick and correct way? That is where DoNotPay comes in!
Let DoNotPay Help You Delete Your Newsela Account
DoNotPay is an excellent option for getting your old or unused Newsela account successfully deleted and more! DoNotPay works to get your Newsela account deleted as well as helps you recover passwords, manage accounts, and even reverse bans on any other accounts you may need assistance with! If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay works on your behalf to delete your unused account in a fast, easy, and successful way!
DoNotPay Can Also Help In Deleting Other Unused Accounts
DoNotPay is the perfect solution to help you get your Newsela account deleted and more! Why not try DoNotPay today and see the difference it can make! To learn more about other accounts DoNotPay can help you with deleting, managing, and more, check out the list below:
- How To Delete An eHarmony Account
- How To Delete An Uber Account
- How To Delete A Venmo Account
- How To Delete A Yahoo Account