How to Delete an Airbnb Account Easily
As a traveler or host, you might decide to follow a different path and learn . Airbnb offers two options: deactivate or delete.
|If you deactivate your account||Airbnb will retain your files and records, so if you want to return, you can do so simply by reactivating your account.|
|If you delete your account||Airbnb will permanently delete all of your records, and you will be unable to use the account again.|
Here's the rub: The only way to delete an old account on Airbnb is to access your account through a personal computer. If you can't access a personal computer or a different phone number than you registered on Airbnb, you cannot delete your account. DoNotPay offers a simple solution to delete an account if you cannot access it yourself.
Aside from deleting your Airbnb account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
How to Delete Your Airbnb Account by Yourself
Learning can be challenging. You can request to delete your Airbnb account only by accessing it through a personal computer. You cannot delete your account through the Airbnb app. Also, if you have a checkout within the past 60 days, your request cannot be processed until the 60-day claim period has passed.
The steps to delete your Airbnb account are:
- Log in to your Airbnb account from a personal computer.
- Navigate to Manage Your Data (this link is difficult to find through the website).
- Click on Request to delete your account.
- Select country and state if in the United States, and reason for deleting the account
- You'll be asked if you would deactivate; click Delete account.
- Wait for Airbnb to contact you to confirm that it was you who requested to delete the account.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Reasons to Delete Your Airbnb Account
If you no longer wish to be an Airbnb host or don't want to use their services as a traveler, you would be wise to delete your account. Airbnb holds a great deal of personal information about you that could be harmful if compromised.
Information Airbnb Holds on Hosts
- Personal address
- Personal telephone number
- Email address
- Bank account information
- Social Security number or EIN
- Photos of your home
Information Airbnb Holds on Guests
- Personal telephone number
- Email address
- Credit/debit card information
- Travel history
Even if hackers don't steal this information, Airbnb or any subsequent buyer could use the information for targeted marketing purposes.
Issues You Might Run Into Deleting Your Account
Several challenges could arise as you try to delete your Airbnb account:
- You have a checkout in the past 60 days: Airbnb will not process your request until the claim period has passed.
- You don't have access to a personal computer: Airbnb offers no other option for deleting an account.
- You have changed phone numbers: Airbnb uses your phone number on file to verify your account
- You have changed email addresses: Airbnb responds to your request by email to confirm your identity.
- No contact options: Airbnb offers no contact options other than online support that requires you to access your account.
Getting past these obstacles to delete your Airbnb account is sure to be frustrating and time-consuming.
If you have decided you don't want to cancel your account but do need to recover your password, DoNotPay offers a simple way to access your account through its Recover Password feature.
Delete Your Old Airbnb Account With the Help of DoNotPay
You don't need to overcome all the obstacles to delete your Airbnb account yourself. You need to provide some basic information, and DoNotPay will get the account deleted while you get on to more important matters.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay will notify you as soon as your account is canceled.
Why Use DoNotPay to Cancel Your Airbnb Account
Rather than spending your time trying to cancel an Airbnb account, depend upon DoNotPay to get the job done. These are the reasons DoNotPay is the best option to cancel an account:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to cancel your Airbnb account.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in canceling an account
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll get your account canceled quickly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Account deletion is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. city