How to Close SunTrust Bank Account
There are various reasons to close a bank account. Maybe you want to move out of the country or switch to another bank with better interest rates. Irrespective of your basis, closing a bank can be a daunting task.
Many account holders are frustrated by the efforts, fees, and hassle associated with this process. However, with a planned approach, your efforts to are not as intimidating as it sounds. With , closing your SunTrust bank account is easy and quick. Our Close Bank Accounts products offer a seamless and convenient process to terminate your account.
Reasons to Close a SunTrust Bank Account
Multiple reasons would prompt you to . You might be relocating, moving to a better bank, or due to one of the following reasons.
- Unfavorable SunTrust banking policies. Some unfavorable banking policies can force an account holder to close an account. For instance, sometimes the bank account fees can be high and unpredictable. You might be tired of spending extra money on your bank account, prompting you to close the account.
- Poor customer service. There is nothing more frustrating than poor customer service. Nowadays, it's impossible to go into a bank and meet the same person at least twice. This can create a disconnect between a bank employee and customer, leading to impersonal and negative relationships.
- Closure of SunTrust local branch. As an account holder, convenience should be your top priority. Therefore, you should expect to have SunTrust ATMs close by, notary services, and other features that you need in person. If a local bank closes, you wouldn't have too much choice but to close your current account and switch to another bank.
Ways to Close a SunTrust Bank Account
One of the ways to close your account without a lot of complications is by doing it in-person in a local branch. The bank will most likely give you a form to sign and make this process official.
It's crucial to contact your local SunTrust Bank branch by phone to learn more about the process and inquire which documentation you need. You might also need to write a SunTrust account closing request letter.
You can also use SunTrust online and mobile banking applications to check their options for closing accounts. You should not expect a banner headline prompting you to do so. Therefore, you'd probably have to navigate the site yourself or seek guidance from their support.
Please note, there are chances that your account won't be closed if it's been sitting idle for a long time. Many account holders have complained about a SunTrust bank credit account closure sent in error, meaning they have to take an extra step to complete the process.
How to Create a Formal Request Letter to Close Your SunTrust Bank Account
A formal request letter to close your SunTrust is not like any other letter. It would help if you highlighted all aspects acceptable to the bank. Your format for a SunTrust bank account closing letter should include the following details:
- The local branch manager's address
- Your local SunTrust name and address
- Current date
- Your subject line
- The salutation
- Your name and signature
Crafting the perfect formal account closing request letter can be overwhelming. Your local SunTrust branch can deny your request if you leave some of the crucial details. Thankfully, DoNotPay can generate a compelling letter on your behalf and mail it to your local SunTrust bank without worrying about the possibility of a denial.
Easy Steps to Close your SunTrust Bank Account with DoNotPay
If you want to Quickly/Easily Close a SunTrust Account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay you have covered. Create your cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Close Bank Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select which bank the account was opened under, and enter the account type, account number, and your local branch location.
- Indicate who this account belongs to. If the owner or co-owner has passed away, upload a death certificate or other formal evidence. If you are not the original account owner, upload evidence of your legal relationship with the owner.
- Tell us why you need to close this account.
- Enter your contact information, including email, phone number, and the address you want any remaining funds to be sent to.
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the bank with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides closing a bank account, our platform can help solve other issues including:
- Appeal Parking Tickets in Any City
- Copyright Protection
- Create a Power of Attorney
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
- Fight Email Spam
- Fight Text Spam
- Robocall Compensation
Why DoNotPay is your Best Option to Close Your SunTrust Bank Account
Regardless of your reasons for closing your SunTrust bank account, you don't have to make a trip to your local branch. You also don't deserve the hustle of being kept on hold, filling out online forms, and talking to uncooperative customer care services. Here are the reasons why DoNotPay can provide the best solutions for your needs:
|Fast||You don’t have to spend long and tedious hours trying to close your Suntrust account. Our service will take care of that easily.|
|Easy||Our service offers a simple process that formulates your account closing letter and sends it to your local branch.|
|Successful||You don’t have to worry anymore because DoNotPay yields positive results hassle-free without the need for you to go to your bank.|
our services today and enjoy our seamless service.