How to Easily Delete Your GameFly Account
We all have accounts that need to be deleted, whether it's one you don't use now, an account linked to an old email address you can't access anymore, or one with a site that makes it difficult to delete. DoNotPay can help you to help protect your privacy and avoid unwanted charges.
GameFly is a mail-based video game and movie rental service. They offer a great free trial membership, making it easy to rent and buy all the video games, movies, and related products you could want, after which you'll be charged a monthly fee to use the service.
Why Would You Want to Delete Old Accounts?
Old, unused accounts can be an annoyance, and they can put your data at risk. Some reasons to include:
- Avoid membership charges or fees - especially when a free trial ends.
- Protect your data from hackers and identity theft.
- Prevent unauthorized use of your credit cards.
- Getting too much spam email from a company.
- You don't use the service anymore.
- You have a new account there.
That old account may have a linked credit card, your address, phone number, and other personal data that can be at risk of data theft.
Deleting Your GameFly Account on Your Own
To delete your GameFly account on your own, you'll need to jump through a few hoops to get there. If you haven't already canceled your GameFly membership, you'll want to do that first.
How to Cancel Your GameFly Membership
Before you attempt to delete your GameFly account, you'll want to make sure you've canceled your membership. To do so, you'll need to open the website or app and:
- Sign in to your GameFly account — assuming you know your username and password
- Navigate to the "My Account" page
- Choose the "Change My Membership" link on your account page
- Choose the "Cancel Membership" link
- Wait for a confirmation email that your request has been received.
- Click or tap the cancellation confirmation link in that email to finalize your cancellation
- Return any games or movies you rented and haven't yet returned
What if You Don't Have Your GameFly Account Information?
If you don't have your username and password for your GameFly account, you can try to reset it. If you don't have access to that email account anymore, you'll need to send GameFly customer support an email message from a different email account. For security reasons, though, they probably cannot take action for you since your request is coming from a different account. If they can help, you may need to send them a copy of your photo ID, such as a driver's license or other proof that you are the account holder for the membership you want to cancel.
How to Completely Delete Your GameFly Account
Now that you've (hopefully) successfully canceled your membership, you'll want to delete your account entirely. Deleting your account (not just canceling a membership) is important because it should erase your personal information from their system. Deleting your information can help protect you from data and identity theft and unauthorized credit card access, and other risks.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
To delete your GameFly account information, you'll need to send GameFly a request to remove all of your personal information from their systems. To do so, visit their "Contact Us" link and fill out the form, or send an email to their customer support account that includes:
- Your real name, address, email address, and other contact information
- Your GameFly account username
You will need to wait for their response, further instructions, and you may also need to provide the credit card information you used to sign up for the account and government-issued ID to prove you are the account owner.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Delete Your GameFly Account
Whether it seems like too many steps, or you don't have the time or your account information to delete your GameFly account on your own, rest assured, DoNotPay can help. If you need a little assistance so you can follow through on your own, DoNotPay can help you:
That still leaves you with the cancellation and deletion process to manage. Why not make it easy and let DoNotPay save you time and effort.
Steps to Delete Your GameFly Account With DoNotPay
If you want to delete your GameFly account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your GameFly Account
Using DoNotPay's services to delete old accounts is a smart choice to make because it's:
- Fast — Use your time for better things than figuring out how to delete your old accounts
- Easy — We do all the work for you
- Effective — Our expert team gets the job done right, so you don't have to worry about it anymore
How Else Can DoNotPay Help With Your Accounts?
DoNotPay works with any accounts you may want to delete, including:
DoNotPay can also help you Recover Passwords and Unban Accounts if you need to.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Even better, DoNotPay can save you time and effort with all kinds of issues you may have, including:
- Appeal Banned Account
- Fight Email Spam
- Get Free Trials & Don't Get Charged
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Item Return Request