An In-Depth Look Into DSW Return Policy: COVID-19 Edition
Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) allows for returns and exchanges of their merchandise via their website or brick-and-mortar U.S. retail locations. But with the unpredictability of COVID-19 still looming, the return procedures can get complex.
Follow our all-encompassing guide on DSW return policy during COVID-19 to be prepared in the event you need to request a return or a refund during the pandemic. We’ll also discuss how you can simplify and expedite the entire process with DoNotPay!
In case you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can:
- Return your item for a refund
- Exchange it for another product
Here are some of the essential points regarding DSW item returns:
- You need to make a return within 90 days to get a full refund on your original form of payment
- For returns without the original receipt or shipping invoice, you will get a merchandise credit
- If you make a return after the deadline with the original receipt or shipping invoice, you will also get a merchandise credit
- You need to provide a valid ID for all returns without an original receipt or shipping invoice
Similarly, for item exchange requests, take note of these terms:
- If you make an exchange request within 60 days of purchase with the original receipt or shipping invoice, you will get a credit on the original form of payment
- Exchanges made after 60 days will be issued on a merchandise credit for any price difference owed
- Items you received as a gift will be issued on a merchandise credit if you return them in-store
- If you paid for items with PayPal and a gift card payment, your entire refund will be issued on a DSW gift card
DSW in-store returns are free and available to all customers, but you can also handle it all online.
Regardless of the method, the return deadline is 90 days except if you’re a DSW Elite member, in which case you are allowed to return your merchandise within 365 days of purchase.
To start the online procedure for filing a return or exchange, visit the company's Returns page. DSW requires you to provide your order information, order number, and email address. Your order number can be found in the order confirmation email and on the product’s invoice.
Depending on your membership status, you might need to pay a fee for shipping costs. Online returns are free for DSW VIP Gold and DSW Elite members, and for DSW VIP Club and non-members, the shipping fee is $8.50.
Exchanges are also free if you choose to purchase the same item in a different size or color.
In case of an online exchange, the item will be shipped to you once DSW has confirmed that the courier service has your return package.
DSW COVID-19 return policy also covers returns and exchanges if you purchased the goods from Vince Camuto.
To be eligible for a refund, your returned item should fulfill these criteria:
- Good-as-new condition
- Original packaging
- Original sales receipt or shipping invoice
|Can You Initiate a Return With DSW Via||Yes/No|
Certain items or categories of DSW products do not qualify for returns. These include:
- Items you bought on the final sale—non-returnable
- Specialty products that you bought online—cannot be returned in-store
- Items that you purchased at a store—cannot be returned online
- Fragrances, nail polish, skincare products, dry shampoos, products containing alcohol, rechargeable batteries, and USB rechargeable devices—cannot be returned once you open them or remove the original packaging
Even during harsh COVID-19 conditions, DoNotPay is here to simplify your product return processes. With our app, you can return your DSW goods by answering a couple of chatbot questions. To begin and complete the return process, you should do the following:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Go to Return My Purchase
- Answer a couple of questions about the item(s) you want to return
- Provide the photos to expedite the process (optional)
From there on, DoNotPay drafts and sends a return request letter to the company and keeps you updated throughout the progress.
With DoNotPay, you can return and request a refund for goods bought with numerous other brands, including but not limited to:
|Office Depot||American Eagle||Ross Stores|
|Guitar Center||Sam's Club||Lulus|
If you feel like the merchant has wronged you, our AI-driven app recognized by the ABA Brown Award will help you sue them in small claims court! You don’t need to worry about filling out lengthy court forms or collecting evidence for your case—we’ll step in and do it for you!
Facing any other legal issues? Check out how our app can assist you in:
- Appealing any parking ticket
- Getting access to public records
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Getting compensation as a victim of crime
- Getting an airtight divorce settlement agreement
No matter what kind of assistance you need DoNotPay to provide, you can rely on it to solve any admin or legal issues you may have. You can use our app to jump the phone queue when contacting any support team, skip the line at the DMV, get cash back on gift cards, create a valid passport photo, appeal any banned account, file an insurance or warranty claim, and get in touch with a loved one in prison in a snap.