How to Delete MeetMe Account Easily
Deleting a social media account isn't always as easy as creating one. MeetMe is a social media platform through which strangers with similar interests can connect, become friends, or even begin a romantic relationship. Yet, you might find yourself wanting to delete your account for one reason or another.
It's a fact that around 78% of people can't recall their passwords within 90 days of creating them. Furthermore, more than 30% of Americans find resetting passwords as inconvenient as retiring the account. As you need your login details to , you can see why doing this isn't a walk in the park.
Thankfully, DoNotPay can help you delete your MeetMe account without jumping through hoops.
Why Would You Need to Delete Your MeetMe Account?
While MeetMe is undoubtedly a great platform on which to meet like-minded individuals or romantic partners, it can outlive its usefulness at times. Here are a few reasons why you should on the social media app:
- The advertisements
While joining up is free, whether on the phone app or the MeetMe website, you'll have to get the premium subscription for a seamless ad-free experience.
- Its user profile information
It offers barebones information about other users. Therefore, forming meaningful friendships and relationships is often a swing and a miss.
- The lack of a paywall
It is a good thing you don't have to pay to interact with people on MeetMe; however, it leaves room for bots and spammers. This unreliability gets old very fast.
- The unwanted notifications
If you were looking for a romantic engagement on the app and found someone either online or in person, the app may have outlived its usefulness. Beyond this point, the constant ding from notifications becomes a pain and a sign you might be done with MeetMe altogether.
These are all reasons a lot of people choose to quit the social platform. Yet, even if this isn't you, you might still need to permanently delete your old MeetMe account. Old and inactive accounts are access points for hackers or malicious entities to your data.
How to Delete a MeetMe Account by Yourself
Deleting one's MeetMe account won't be straightforward if you haven't done it before. Even if you do, you might not know the quickest and easiest solution to your problem. To that effect, here are the ways you can permanently do away with your MeetMe account:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Deleting Your Account via Website
If you wish to delete your MeetMe account through the website, then follow the following steps:
- Visit the official MeetMe site. Log in to your account using your password and email address.
- Next, click on the gear-styled icon. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on Settings.
- You'll be taken to the Account settings menu. Here, click on Deactivate account.
- Lastly, enter your password and email address, then click on Delete Account to finalize the deletion process.
Deleting Your Account via Official App (iOS and Android)
If you're using the official MeetMe app on your iOS or Android smartphone, you can delete your account using the following process:
- You'll need to open the app first. Next, click on Me to access your profile. It is located on your screen's bottom right corner.
- Click on Delete Account. You'll find this option at the bottom of the page.
- Choose Yes if you're completely sure you want to delete your account.
- Enter the email address you used to create the account.
- Confirm your deletion request by clicking on Delete Account.
If you encounter any problems with your deletion process, reach out to MeetMe's customer support.
Deleting Your MeetMe Account Faster With DoNotPay
You've probably tried deleting a social media account, or any other account, but aren't sure if you did it permanently. DoNotPay will help you delete your MeetMe account completely and permanently.
If you ever want to delete old accounts or recover lost passwords but are quite sure of how, DoNotPay can help you get it done in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Works Across All Platforms
It is prudent to delete old and inactive accounts because online security breaches happen frequently. Protect yourself by permanently deleting any account that you are not using.
MeetMe isn't the only account that DoNotPay can help you permanently delete. DoNotPay can help you permanently erase all kinds of online accounts, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay not only helps with deleting old and inactive social media, email or ecommerce accounts. DoNotPay can also help you:
Sign up today and let DoNotPay work for you.