DoNotPay Helps You Cancel MetLife Fast!
MetLife is one of the largest global insurance providers, with over 90 million customers in 60 different countries.
The insurance company offers a variety of services, but the offer depends on the state you live in and its laws and regulations.
If you are dissatisfied with your insurance policy, there are a few ways to terminate your account.
How Do I Cancel My MetLife Account?
MetLife offers a few options to cancel your account. There is no automatic system, which means that you have to get in touch with the customer service representatives.
Here are some of your options:
|Can You Cancel With||Yes / No|
How To Cancel MetLife Over the Phone
You can get in touch with MetLife customer service at 1-800-638-5433.
In case they put you in a phone queue, follow the prompts until you can speak with a representative. Once you reach them, state that you want to cancel your policy.
Make sure to prepare your contact details and policy number.
If the company is experiencing a high call volume, you may have to wait on hold for hours. DoNotPay can help with this.
We will wait on hold for you and ping you as soon as someone shows up on the other end of the line.
Check out how our app hacked the phone queue of these popular companies:
How To Cancel MetLife via Online Form
Another option to cancel your MetLife service is to fill out their online contact form.
Here is how to do it:
- Access the Online Form
- Select your product from the drop-down list
- Type in your policy number
- Type your cancellation request in the Question/Comment textbox
- Provide your contact info, including city, title, state, country, address, phone number, email address, zip/postal code, and first and last name
- Click on the Submit button
DoNotPay Helps You Cancel Your MetLife Account With a Few Clicks!
There is no need to spend hours on the phone with MetLife customer service reps trying to convince them you want out.
DoNotPay offers a clean break from your subscription.
Here is how to do it:
- Access DoNotPay from your
- Click the Find Hidden Money feature
- Type in MetLife as the name of the subscription service
DoNotPay will ping you as soon as your account gets canceled.
In case MetLife is not the only subscription that you remember only when autopay kicks in at the beginning of the month, we can help with that.
Connect your email or bank account to our app to track down other services you don’t want to pay for. You can cancel any service you don't use with DoNotPay.
Will I Get Charged Automatically for My MetLife Subscription?
Your subscription auto-renews, but your card will only get charged if you set up auto payments. This option is only available for some products and in certain states.
Does MetLife Offer Prorated Refunds?
The possibility of getting a prorated refund depends on the state regulations.
In some states, you may be able to get a full refund for any unused time, assuming you paid in advance. In others, you may face a no-refund policy.
What To Do If You Believe You Deserve a Refund From MetLife?
You do have certain rights to a refund as a consumer, and according to the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), you can initiate a chargeback on your credit card transactions.
DoNotPay will help you get a chargeback from any company that does not want to give you a refund, including MetLife.
The main difference between a chargeback and a refund is that with a chargeback, you reach out directly to your bank, and this is where DoNotPay steps in:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Click on Chargeback Instantly
- Type in the transaction details
- Enter MetLife as the name of the merchant
Our app will reach out to your bank and send them a dispute letter.
How Will I Recognize MetLife Charges on My Credit Card Statements?
Here are some examples of what to expect from these statements:
|METLIFE AUTO&HOME PREM||METLIFE P C INS PAYMNT||METLIFE AUTO&HOME PREM 800-422-4272 N|
|METLIFE AUTO* & HOME WARWICK RI||METLIFECON||METLIFE PAYMENT|
|METLIFE STADIUM EAST RUTHERFO NJ||METLIFE STADIUM E RUTHERFORD NJ||ACH Transaction - METLIFE INS PAYMNT|
|METLIFE AUTO* & HOME 800-422-4272 RI||METLIFECON RUTHERFORD NJ||DEBIT CARD PURCHASE - METLIFE DENT*AL PLANS xxx-xxx-8371 NY|
|METLIFE STADIUM||METLIFE PAYMENT||METLIFE INSPAYMENT|
|MetLife Insurance Bill Payment||METLIFE AUTO & HOME||METLIFE PAYMENT PPD ID: 9110000001|
|ORIG CO NAME:METLIFE P C CO ENTRY DESCR:INS PAYMNT SEC:PPD ORIG ID:2132725441||METLIFE AUTO&HOME PRE 800-422-4272 NY||METLIFE P C INS PAYMNT PPD ID: 2132725441|
|METLIFE DENT*AL PLANS 855-638-8371 NY||METLIFERTL||METLIFE P C CO ENTRY DESCR:INS PAYMNT SEC:PPD|
|METLIFE AUTO&HOME PR800-422-4272 NY||MELIFECL||METLIFECL RUTHERFORD NJ|
|METLIFE AUTO* & HOME||METLIFE INSPAYMENT PPD ID: 1540696644||METLIFE DENTAL PLANS|
Check Out Other DoNotPay Services
If you need assistance with more than one insurance provider, DoNotPay can help you cancel Elephant, USAA, Kaiser Permanente, Travelers, Assurant, Lemonade, Ambetter, Allstate, Progressive, or your Esurance membership. We can also get you a GAP insurance or Geico refund.
Check out what else we can help you with by accessing DoNotPay from your .
Some of the tasks we can take over are:
- Rectifying credit card issues
- Canceling other subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Dealing with bills that are too challenging to pay
- Keeping you and your family safe from stalking and harassment
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Subscribing for free trials with no risk
- Making appointments with the DMV
- Appealing parking tickets
- Obtaining refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting back against robocalls
- Getting refunds from companies
- Stopping email spam messages
- Preventing spam texts
- Signing up for clinical trials