Cancel Workout Anytime Membership Without Stressing Out
Workout Anytime has grown to nearly 200 locations nationwide. The company was founded in 1999 by two fitness industry veterans and began franchising five years later with a focus on affordable rates and 24-hour member access.
Like most gym franchises, there are strict rules and procedures for how to cancel a Workout Anytime membership. You can cancel in person or with a certified letter but typically not over the phone, online or by email. Depending on your membership agreement, you may be charged a cancellation fee or billed for the remainder of the contract.
If you need to cancel fast, DoNotPay can help without the hassle of making a special trip to the gym or getting a certified letter. To learn more about our cancellation service or start the process, open DoNotPay in any and follow a few simple steps.
How To Cancel Workout Anytime Membership
To cancel your membership directly with Workout Anytime, the best place to start is by contacting your local gym. Because Workout Anytime is a franchise with independent owners and operators, cancellation policies can vary from one location to another.
To get in touch with your local club:
- Visit the Workout Anytime contact page.
- Select your club location from the drop-down menu at the top.
- You’ll be redirected to an online contact form for that location, where you can send a message inquiring about cancellation procedures.
- If you’d rather call, click on ‘Club Info’ in the red bar at the top to pull up the location’s phone number.
In most cases, the club will give you two options for canceling: in person or by certified letter. If you’re able to get to the gym, canceling in person is the faster option of the two. But you may have to deal with pressure or pushback to keep your membership. Certified letters are effective, but the process takes time and it’s not free.
To send a certified letter:
- Gather info — Ask a club manager or owner exactly what information the letter needs to include. These details should also be outlined in your contract.
- Write a brief letter — Include your full name, membership number, contact information and the date you want to cancel, plus any other required details. If you’re not sure how to word the letter, there are templates online you can use for reference.
- Mail it — Address the letter to the gym location where you signed up, then take it to the post office or use a third-party service to send a certified letter online.
- Keep your records —Hang on to your receipt and tracking information for future reference.
The US Postal Service charges $4.35 for Certified Mail, with additional fees for a Return Receipt providing proof of delivery. If you’re going the certified letter route, spring for the extra cost of proof of delivery, which requires a signature, to protect yourself. Using a third-party service might double or triple the total cost, in exchange for convenience.
|Can You Cancel Workout Anytime Via
Can I Cancel Workout Anytime Membership Online?
Some locations, but not all, will give you an option to cancel online. You have to call the local gym to find out if this is offered. If so, the club employee will provide you with a website and login information where you can cancel.
Note that online cancellations are typically processed through a third-party billing service, not directly on the Workout Anytime website. You will be required to pay any outstanding fees or past-due balances to complete the cancellation.
DoNotPay Has a Faster, Easier Way to Cancel Workout Anytime Membership
DoNotPay makes it simple and stress-free to cancel your Workout Anytime Membership. Answer some basic questions about your membership and when you want to cancel, then we take over and let you know as soon as the process is complete.
To get started, open DoNotPay in any and follow these steps:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
We will generate and send a certified letter on your behalf, if required, at no additional cost to you. The cancellation process begins as soon as you click submit, and when the membership has been canceled you will receive confirmation from us via email.
Common Problems Canceling Workout Anytime
Not surprisingly, difficulty canceling is one of the most common complaints about Workout Anytime. Specifically, former members have complained to the Better Business Bureau, on Reddit and on various consumer review websites about:
- Showing up in person to cancel, only to be told to come back later
- Charges continuing after cancellation or stopping for a period and then resuming again months later
- Collections letters received after successful in-person cancellation
If you’re attempting to cancel on your own, it helps to read the fine print in your contract to understand exactly what is required. Following the cancellation rules to a T can prevent problems or, at the very least, give you a solid argument if the gym makes a mistake.
Does Workout Anytime Charge a Cancellation Fee?
This depends on the agreement you signed. Some Workout Anytime memberships are month-to-month with no commitment while others require a minimum term of one year. If you’re under contract, you may have to pay out the remainder of the term or a prorated early termination fee.
Even if you’re on a month-to-month plan or your initial contract term has expired, most locations require 30 days notice for cancellation. If you don’t notify them 30 days ahead of the planned cancellation date, you may have to pay for an additional month.
Is Workout Anytime Being Difficult? DoNotPay Can Help You Take Legal Action
If you signed a contract with Workout Anytime, you’re legally bound to the terms, including any cancellation or early-termination fees. However, if the gym is refusing to honor the cancellation policy as outlined in your contract, you may have a legitimate complaint.
Known as the world’s first AI Consumer Champion, DoNotPay makes it easy to sue in small claims court without the need to hire a lawyer. All you need to do is:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser.
- Provide the company name and, if applicable, how much you’re owed.
- Answer a few questions from our AI chatbot so we can gather information about the situation.
We’ll start by creating a demand letter to attempt an out-of-court resolution. If that’s not successful, we will create all the documents you need to file a case. Your only task is bringing the documents to the court clerk and paying the filing fee, typically less than $75.
Use DoNotPay to Cancel Any Subscription and Lower Monthly Bills in a Few Clicks
Most of us seriously underestimate the amount we spend on subscriptions. In a 2022 C+R Research study, consumers underestimated monthly spending on subscription services by an average of $133. Participants initially estimated $86 per month, on average, but actual monthly costs turned out to be 2.5 times higher at $219.
The same study showed 42% of respondents have continued to pay for a subscription they forgot about or stopped using. For some of us, that means hundreds of dollars per month wasted on memberships we don’t need or even want.
DoNotPay allows you to cancel every unwanted subscription in one place, in a matter of minutes. Just open our app in any and find the service you want to cancel. Stop monthly payments for subscriptions such as:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Dollar Shave Club
- Epoch Payments
- HP Instant Ink
- Xbox Live