Searching the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry Doesn’t Have To Take Forever!
There are around 25,847 registered sex offenders in Wisconsin. That doesn’t mean you have to panic! We’re here to provide you with a super quick and easy way to search the Wisconsin sex offender registry! We’ll also give you tips on how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
Subscribe to DoNotPay to learn all there is to know about sex offenders, and perform a Wisconsin sex offender registry search in no time!
Sexual offenders in Wisconsin are classified based on the severity of their crimes, as follows:
Each sex offender is obliged to register with the local authorities after going out of prison. An offender has to provide personal information when registering, such as:
- Their name and any aliases
- Date of birth
- Info about their convictions
- Terms of any probation or supervision
- Vehicle description
- Details about their employer or school
Offenders who don’t register risk facing serious legal consequences when caught.
Depending on the crimes the offenders committed, they will have to stay registered for:
- 15 years for tier 1 and tier 2 offenders
- Lifetime for tier 3 offenders who:
- Are labeled as sexually violent
- Had two or more convictions of the same sexual offense
- Committed first- or second-degree sexual assault of an adult or child
- Acted with a child in substitute care
- Repeated acts with a child
There are certain restrictions that sex offenders in Wisconsin face. Check out the table below for details:
|Travel restrictions||An offender can travel to another state, but he or she has to register with that state five days upon arrival|
|Residential restrictions||Registered sex offenders have to live at least 1,500 feet away from schools, playgrounds, and other areas that children frequent|
Under Megan’s Law, all sex offender registries—including the Wisconsin one—must be available to the public. You can search registered offenders by their names or use a sex offender’s map to find the ones near you. To search the Wisconsin sex offender registry, follow the next steps:
- Visit the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registry website
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Prove you’re not a robot
- Decide whether you want to search the offender by name or do a geographical search
- Type in the required info
- Click on Search
Once you finish the search, you’ll get a list of registered offenders, along with their names, aliases, and primary residences. The info is updated annually, so if you want to take extra precautions and obtain weekly reports about registered sex offenders near you, DoNotPay has the perfect solution!
DoNotPay provides you with the easiest and quickest way to search the Wisconsin sex offender registry with no hassle! You can choose to receive updated weekly reports from us so that you’re always in the loop when it comes to sex offenders lurking nearby. Complete the following instructions to get started:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay and select the Sex Offender Search feature
- Decide if you want to:
- Search for a specific offender
- Get a list of all registered ones close to you
- Set the search proximity radius and choose whether you want to get weekly reports from us
Our app will perform the search and provide you with a full report on sex offenders near you in a flash!
While you’re allowed to share the info you find, you have to be careful and make sure you’re not using it to harass or discriminate against the offenders. Inform your loved ones about the registered offenders near you to keep them and yourself safe.
Learning that a registered sex offender is near you isn’t pleasant, but there are steps you can take before running into one to ensure your safety. Check out the table below for specifics:
|Steps||What To Do|
|Talking to your loved ones||Talk to your loved ones and tell them about the offender nearby. If you have kids, remind them not to talk to strangers and to report anyone who tries to approach them|
|Contacting the authorities||Inform the police about the situation and express your concerns. That will give you peace of mind and ensure the authorities are vigilant|
|Having an escape plan||Come up with a safety plan in advance and think about what to do, where to go, and how to act in case you run into a registered sex offender. That way, you won’t panic, and you’ll be able to get away from him or her quickly|
Tedious administrative tasks are always headache-inducing, but they don’t have to be if you use DoNotPay. With our AI-powered app, you will be able to:
- File insurance and warranty claims easily
- Get compensation from airline companies
- Appeal parking tickets anywhere in the U.S.
- Get refunds and chargebacks from various companies
- Schedule appointments at the DMV
- File FOIA requests
- Fight discrimination at your workplace
DoNotPay is an AI assistant that is able to solve almost all issues you’re facing. Whether that be your noisy neighbors, the annoying text and email spam you’re receiving, or the frustrating robocalls that won’t leave you alone. We’ll even cancel your unneeded subscriptions and get you a few extra bucks you’ve been cheated out of.
The world’s first robot lawyer app can help you get:
- Compensation if you’re a victim of crime
- In touch with your locked-up relatives
- Your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- A temporary phone number to ensure your privacy
- Unclaimed money
- College fee waivers
- Virtual credit cards for avoiding scams
- Tailor-made divorce settlement agreements