How To Delete Your Poloniex Account With Ease
Poloneix lets you buy and sell digital assets like Ethereum, Bitcoin, TRON, and other altcoins. However, with the hacks, insolvency rumors, frozen accounts, disabled withdrawals, and a slowdown in customer support, it makes sense to consider deleting your Poloniex account.
The problem is, is not easy. You must submit a ticket and hope that the notoriously slow support team will respond. It gets even trickier when you can't access or log in to your account because you won't be able to fill out the forms and submit a ticket. In such a scenario, it's easier to let DoNotPay help you delete the account on your behalf.
DoNotPay is an automated legal app that helps users resolve online account issues, including deleting accounts like Poloniex, Venmo, PayPal, and Uber. It can also remove email accounts like AOL, Yahoo, or Gmail, social media profiles like Instagram or Facebook, eCommerce platforms like Amazon, and dating sites like eHarmony.
Reasons to Close Poloniex Account
While Poloniex is among the liveliest and user-friendly exchanges globally, it can be impractical for reasons like:
- The fact that it doesn't support fiat currency means you can only make deposits and withdrawals online through cryptocurrency.
- You may have problems with crypto withdrawals but still not get Poloneix support, or it might take too long to get help.
- Security reasons – Poloniex holds your private key, which exposes you to a potential risk of being hacked.
- Too many emails and ads from the company.
How to Delete Your Poloniex Account
At the moment, you can only using the following method:
- Go to https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/newSign into your account.
- Choose the Request to remove my account option as the subject type.
- Specify why you want to shut down your account.
- Hit Submit.
- Wait for a deletion confirmation message.
Before you shut down your account, you need to withdraw any amount there. Otherwise, your deletion will not be activated. Here's how you withdraw your funds:
- Open the Poloniex site.
- Click Withdraw
- Open your desktop or mobile wallet to generate a deposit address.
- Copy-paste the address on the displayed checkbox, and indicate the number of coins to be withdrawn.
- Wait for the transfer to complete – this may take a few minutes to four hours.
- Confirm - though you won't see this if you have two-factor authentication (2FA).
Poloniex account deletion is relatively simple if you have the login details. But it gets complicated when you cannot access your account because of reasons like forgotten passwords or account suspension. In which case, you'll need to reset your password or reach out to customer support for further assistance.
But if you fall among the 30% of people who find resetting passwords as stressful as retiring, then this will really be frustrating. Luckily, there's an easier way to recover your password – DoNotPay.
How to Recover Poloneix Password With DoNotPay
If you still want to try to delete the Poloneix account on your own but can't access your account because of password issues, DoNotPay can help. Our Recover Passwords product is designed to help you retrieve your password, so you can log in and delete your account permanently. All you have to do is:
1. Go to the Recover Passwords product on DoNotPay and select the type of account you are trying to recover, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
2. Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails and phone numbers.
3. Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account when you last logged in and any payment methods saved under the account.
4. Upload photographic evidence if you have any to help prove your account ownership.
5. Enter any last known or previously used passwords to help verify your identity.
6. Enter your contact information and submit the task!
How to Delete a Poloneix Account With DoNotPay
Alternatively, you can have DoNotPay take care of everything for you. Through our Delete Old Accounts product, we can in seven simple steps:
1. Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
2. Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
3. Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
4. Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
5. Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
6. Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
7. Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it. DoNotPay will submit a request to Poloneix on your behalf, and ask them to delete your old account, as well as any other personal information associated with the account. As a consumer, you have the right to have your personal data erased from an account, as specified by the GDPR, VCDPA, and CCPA.
Can I Delete With — Yes/No
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay does a great job of helping you recover passwords and deleting Poloneix and other online accounts. However, that's not the only thing DoNotPay does. It can also help you solve a range of problems across different entities, groups, and companies, including:
If you are having a hard time deleting your Poloneix account, we can help. DoNotPay will help you sort out any old account deletion issues and address any other corporate or bureaucracy problems you may encounter, all with a touch of a dial. today to get started.