How To Delete Oculus Account Easily
If you are not using your old Oculus account anymore, deleting it can help keep your data from being misused. However, this process can be challenging. Here is an overview of how DoNotPay can help you easily.
Reasons to Delete Your Oculus Account
Tech trends often have a shelf life, and you may no longer be as intrigued by the concept of virtual reality as you were prior to trying it out. If you find that you are in this type of game or decide that you are wasting too much time playing it that could be better spent on other things, it may be in your best interest to completely delete it instead of simply not logging in.
Inactive accounts are prone to online theft and you are putting personal information in danger when you have an unmonitored Oculus account.
How to Delete Oculus Account By Yourself
Oculus offers two slightly different methods for deleting your account, which depend on whether you log into your account through Facebook or through the Oculus website.
- Facebook users can find the "Delete Your Oculus Data" button by clicking their Facebook profile picture and navigating to Profile > Privacy Center > Delete Your Oculus Data.
- Users of the Oculus website can find this option by clicking their profile picture within Oculus and navigating to My Profile > Privacy Center > Delete Your Oculus Account.
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
Issues You Might Run Into Deleting Your Oculus Account
The process for successfully deleting your Oculus account depends on how you log into your account, and attempting to follow the wrong list of steps can result in thinking your account was deleted when it actually was not.
Oculus also includes a 30-day time frame during which you can choose to cancel your deletion request and restore your account, which means that it is possible for Oculus to retain your full account for longer than you are aware of. The site may also take up to 90 days to completely delete all data associated with your account, with the exception of certain elements that must be kept indefinitely for legal purposes.
Next Steps for Deleting Your Oculus Account if You Can't Do It Yourself
Deleting your Oculus account on your own may not be your best option, especially since the site makes it clear that your data will not be deleted immediately. This may leave you wondering whether it will ever be deleted properly at all.
Choosing DoNotPay is a faster and easier option for ensuring that your data will be handled properly without having to ask multiple times. Once you provide us with some basic information about your account, we will contact Oculus on your behalf to make sure that it is deleted properly.
Delete Your Oculus Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Oculus Account
Choosing DoNotPay has several advantages over attempting to get in touch with Oculus on your own. Our straightforward service is:
- Faster than having to contact Oculus several times over up to 90 days to ensure that steps are being taken to delete your data
- Easier than explaining your concerns to an Oculus representative
- More likely to be successful than trusting Oculus to handle a drawn out process correctly
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
At DoNotPay, our account deletion services are not limited to helping you boost your productivity by getting rid of old gaming and social media platforms. Whether you're interested in deleting apps that did not work for you, saving money, or limiting the information that older platforms that may not last much longer have access to, our fast and simple account deletion process works the same no matter what type of account you no longer want.
We can also help you delete your accounts with:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Our AI Consumer Champion service works like a digital personal assistant to quickly and correctly handle a wide range of issues for you. From problems with online platforms to certain types of legal concerns, providing us with some basic information about the problem you are experiencing allows us to determine what needs to be done and contact the company on your behalf.
Some of the many categories of problems we can help you with include:
- Obtaining copies of various legal documents
- Obtaining pet licenses and several other types of permits
- Reporting a wide range of problems to your city
- Removing your photos from websites
At DoNotPay, we understand the importance of getting rid of accounts you do not use to gain a higher amount of control over what companies have access to your personal information. to learn more about the benefits of deleting old accounts or to get started!