Find Out Everything About NCIC Inmate Phone Service
NCIC is a communication provider for inmates in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is the oldest inmate telecom carrier. You can check with a correctional facility and see if they allow inmates to make phone calls through this company if you want to use their services.
What You Should Know About NCIC Inmate Phone Services
Once you check with the correctional facility and know for sure that they allow prisoners to contact you using NCIC phone services, you should know how the company works.
NCIC has a collect call option. If you see a missed call from (800) 943-2189, that means that an inmate was trying to contact you from prison using this service. You will have to create an NCIC phone account in one of the two possible ways:
- By dialing (800) 943-2189
You can also make a deposit to your account to receive calls from inmates. You will need to enter the name of the state where the correctional facility is located or your phone number.
How To Receive a Phone Call From a Correctional Facility via NCIC
If you want to receive calls from your incarcerated loved ones using NCIC services, you will have to use a touch-tone telephone. When you answer your phone, you will hear an automated operator’s voice that will give you further instructions.
They will provide you with the following options:
- Accept the call by pressing 1
- Hang up if you want to refuse the call
- Press 3 to block any future calls from that prison
In case you opt for the first option, they will instruct you to set up a prepaid destination account.
You should also know in what states and which correctional facilities NCIC offers their services in:
|Wisconsin||New Jersey||New Mexico|
You can find the name and the address of all the facilities in any of the listed states here.
Important Info About NCIC Prepaid Collect Accounts
To set up an NCIC prepaid collect account, you will need to follow the call operator’s instructions. If you decide to make a prepaid phone account, you will enjoy several benefits such as having just one bill and receiving calls that can connect to cell phones.
You can use the account to keep in touch with more than one prisoner and add up to ten more phone numbers without paying additional fees. In case you wish to leave messages to inmates, you can use NCIS’ inmate voice mail to do so. You can always add money to your account by calling their customer care agents at any time during the day or via their automated system.
Forms of Payment You Can Use To Purchase an NCIC Prepaid Collect Account
To pay for an NCIC prepaid account, you may use one of the following forms of payment:
- Debit Card—Any valid debit card will do, no matter the company
- Credit Card—You will have to use a credit card from one of the following companies: Visa, Discovery, Mastercard, or American Express
- Western Union—Send the money to NCIC Inmate Phone Services
Who Can Talk With Prisoners Over the Phone?
Inmates can contact you if your name is on their approved telephone list. If you fall into one of these categories, the convict will be able to give you a call:
- Legal representatives
- Support groups
Even if the inmate has a green light to contact you, you should be careful what you talk about with them. All the calls in correctional facilities are recorded, so try not to mention the case or some illegal topics. Hearing your voice means a lot to inmates, so it would be a shame if they couldn’t contact you anymore because you broke one of those rules.
DoNotPay Can Help You Connect With a Convict
If you want to contact a prisoner without trouble, you can turn to DoNotPay for help. Once you open our app in your and find the Connect With an Inmate category, you may choose between three useful services:
- Send a Personalized Letter
- Locate Someone
- Virtual Mailbox
Trust DoNotPay To Help You Send the Best Personalized Letter to an Inmate
DoNotPay can help you get in touch with an incarcerated person the old-school way, but using modern technology. If you decide to write a letter to an inmate, we can make sure it gets delivered in no time and you won’t have to worry about complicated and time-consuming steps like addressing a letter for your prison pen pal.
Follow these steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Connect With an Inmate feature
- Find the Send a Personalized Letter option
- Enter the convict’s personal info—their full name and ID number
- Write your message
- Add a few photos if you feel like it
- Choose a template to customize the letter if you wish
DoNotPay will make sure the letter is printed, and we’ll send it to your incarcerated loved one as soon as possible.
Do You Want To Hear Back From an Inmate? DoNotPay Can Make It Happen
You can get a reply from your incarcerated loved one with our help as well. The entire procedure is simple, and it consists of only three steps:
- The convict writes their message and sends it to our address
- We turn the hard copy into a digital version
- We deliver the digital version to your Virtual Mailbox
DoNotPay Can Find an Inmate For You
You can rely on your virtual assistant to help you locate your incarcerated friend or family member. DonNotPay can find a convict you are looking for in no time, even without their ID number.
Follow these instructions:
- Open the DoNotPay Connect With an Inmate feature
- Click on Locate Someone
- Enter the name of the prisoner
- Enter the state the prisoner is located in
DoNotPay will tell you the exact address of the facility where the inmate is serving time immediately. You can then write to the prisoner or visit them without trouble.
What Else Can DoNotPay Assist You With?
If your incarcerated friend’s correctional facility doesn’t allow NCIC services, you should check out other communication providers such as Inmate Calling Solutions, Global Tel Link, or Securus Technologies.
DoNotPay can help you find all the necessary info about contacting inmates over the phone with our useful inmate calling guide.
Find out all about contacting inmates in different counties, such as Cook County or Harris County. If you're curious to know if free inmate calls exist, we have your answer.
Open DoNotPay in your and let us help you with any of the following issues:
- Ending subscriptions or memberships once and for all
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting a DMV appointment scheduled in no time
- Saying goodbye to text spam for good
- Getting sweet revenge on robocalls
- Suing companies and people in small claims court
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Keeping your work safe from copyright infringement
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Protecting yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Resolving credit card issues
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from any company
- Dealing with bills you can't pay
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Signing up for any service without phone verification
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name