How to Get Your Marriage Certificate in Dallas County
Getting married is one of the biggest milestones in an adult's life. Losing your can cause some issues down the road. Be sure to keep it safe with your birth certificate.
When your important papers are lost or destroyed, obtaining your marriage certificates and other essential papers can feel like pulling teeth. Don't lose your hair over your birth and marriage certificates, allow to reduce processing times, and help you replace marriage certificates and birth certificates quickly. You will need those certificates for passports, loans, and other legal matters.
Do You Need a Marriage License, Certificate, or Informative Copy?
Did you know that there are three different types of marriage licenses? You will complete the marriage procedure and receive:
- The marriage licenses
- The marriage certificates
- The informative copy
The license is used to apply for the couple to be legally joined. Certificates are issued as certified copies attesting to the legality and validity of the union. Informative copies will contain all relevant information but cannot be used as legal copies, they may even be decorative copies.
About Marriage Certificates in Dallas
A can be requested only in person or by mail by individuals who are:
- One of the registered spouses
- A legal representative
- Court-ordered representatives
Documentation has to be provided to prove your identity to obtain the marriage certificate copies. These forms of ID are accepted:
- Birth certificate
- Driver's license or identification card issued by this state or another state
- United States passport
- A current passport issued by a foreign country
- Military ID card
Applications can be printed and turned in either in person or by mail. Include with the documentation a $10 fee for each copy requested. To mail in the payment and request send the post to: Records Building - 500 Elm Street, Suite 2100, Dallas, TX 75202.
|Dallas County Forms and Contact Information
|Monday - Friday
|8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Saturday / Sunday / Holidays
|Marriage Application License
|Informal Marriage Certificate
|Marriage License - Informal
|Location / Mailing Address
|Dallas County Clerk’s Office
500 Elm St., Ste. 2100
Dallas, TX 75202
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Dallas County?
Visiting the downtown office with the correct paperwork can get you your birth or marriage certificate quickly. If you make your request in person, you will get a copy after you have finished your application. Due to heavy demand, please allow 6 to 8 weeks to get your requested information if ordering by mail.
How to Dallas County Marriage Certificate on Your Own
To get the , you need to complete your financial and legal obligations. Here’s how it works:
- Gather the identifying information
- Visit the clerk of courts office
- Wait in line and waste your time
- Pay for the application process
- Wait for your application to process
- Drive home
It could be so much easier. No lines, waits, or even taking time off to get the copies. DoNotPay can request the certificates with only a few clicks of your mouse.
Get Your Dallas County Marriage Certificate Easier With DoNotPay
Skip the lines, and get the process started from the comfort of your own home. All you need to do is follow the seven simple steps below to get the certified copies of your Dallas County marriage certificate.
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's all. All you have to do now is sit back and wait for the copies to be processed and shipped to you. DoNotPay even distributes the money to them fast and conveniently. You may now concentrate on more essential matters, such as your spouse.
DoNotPay can also teach you more things about marriage certificates such as:
- A Copy of a Marriage Certificate.
- How to Find a Marriage Certificate Online and how to apply for it.
- How to Fill out a Marriage Certificate.
- Marriage Certificate Document.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Item Return Requests
- Child Travel Consents
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Free Raffle Tickets
- How to Cancel Services and Memberships
DoNotPay will collaborate with any business or organization in any state, on your behalf. Sign up now!