What Is the Fastest Way to Get a Birth Certificate?
Most people do not simply ask, "How quickly can I get a birth certificate?" without a good reason. Typically, we are making a big life change and need to verify that we are who we claim to be. Then you find out it can be hard to get fast birth certificates .
It is often a process that cannot be rushed, no matter what life circumstance you need it for. At least, that is how it has been until now.
Now, you have options. DoNotPay can help you get an online birth certificate overnight !
Do You Need a Certified Birth Certificate?
Some states offer certified birth certificates or birth certificate copies. When given a choice, you should usually opt for a certified copy, which includes a state seal and a signature from the Vital Records office. Informational birth certificates may work for genealogy or informational needs, but only the certified copy will give you a way to prove your identification to a government or other legal entity.
Birth Certificates are often required to:
- Enroll a Child in School
- Acquire or Transfer Your Driver's License
- Get a Marriage License
- Start a New Job
- Get a Passport
In general, to make any big changes in your life, you will need your birth certificate because it proves your identity. If you find yourself in need of one of these services and can 't find your birth certificate, you may need to apply for a copy in a way that requires expediting birth certificate delivery.
This is something most states do not seem to care about. They aren't worried about how fast you get it and do not offer express birth certificate options. DoNotPay can help.
What Information Do You Need to Provide to Get a Birth Certificate?
Certified birth certificate copies are not always easy to get. If you need to have a certified copy, you will need to prove your identity. This means that you will need to show the state why you are trying to get that birth certificate, whether you are applying for a newborn, yourself, or someone else in your family.
Not every state is the same, but most will require:
A Valid ID
An ID is required in most cases even if you are requesting your own birth certificate. When requesting a birth certificate for your child, your parent, your partner, etc., you will most likely need to have a current driver's license with your name on it to get the process started.
Proof of Relationship
If you are searching for a birth certificate replacement for a person not within your immediate family, you must prove why you are interested. This applies to siblings, grandparents, and often spouses. Some states will require you to send not only your ID but proof of your relationship through linked birth certificates. What does this mean? If you are a sibling or a grandparent, you may need to send copies of your birth certificate, or your child's, to ensure that the names match up with the parents on the requested birth certificate. If you are requesting for your spouse, you may need to provide your marriage certificate as proof that you are married.
Lawyers, government officials, and even spouses may sometimes have to have a notarized letter from the person listed on the birth certificate. Most states want to know why you are requesting confidential information about someone else.
How Much Will a Birth Certificate Cost?
Birth certificate costs also vary by state. However, most will cost between $20-$50, depending on the number of copies you need and how quickly you want to get it. The cheapest copy of the birth certificate will be one that you are not in a hurry to get.
If you want to get birth certificates fast, it often means you must pay for rush processing and shipping. Considering some states take up to eight weeks for processing and shipping, most people will pay extra for expedited shipping options. They do it while wishing that they could get the next-day birth certificate delivery. DoNotPay can help you with this process.
These Steps Will Ensure You Get a Birth Certificate on Your Own
We don't often need to bring out our birth certificates, which means they tend to get misplaced. What do you do if you need it in a hurry?
One option is to track it down yourself. In most states, you have to look up the Department of Vital Statistics or your local health department to get the process started. From there you will need to:
- Locate the Birth Certificate Request Form
- Print It Out
- Fill It Out
- Copy ID and Other Necessary Paperwork
- Get a Check or Money Order for Exact Cost
- Mail It In
- Wait On It
If the state's vital statistics office is not satisfied with the information you have provided to them, you could end up waiting longer. If you go this route, you should do your best to double-check and make sure all information is accurate.
What If You Cannot Get the Birth Certificate on Your Own?
What can you do if your loved one is unable to get a birth certificate on their own, but you have no legal reason to get it for them? If your spouse has no ID and lost their birth certificate in a house fire, along with your marriage certificate, is there a way to handle it?
In life, there are always complications that may come up. For this type of situation, your only real recourse may be to contact a lawyer to get help to gather the necessary information. This can be very time-consuming and difficult to do without help.
It is during times like this that DoNotPay may be most helpful to you.
How to Get an Instant Birth Certificate with DoNotPay
At DoNotPay, we will help you get a birth certificate within . If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates center on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Fast Birth Certificate Copy
DoNotPay is an online service that provides a variety of services that you need to keep your life simple. When you want a copy of your quickly, we are here for you. We also promise to do our best to ensure:
- Fast : The best birth certificate overnight shipping options available.
- Easy : No struggling with forms and you get a birth certificate in 24 hours. No tedious forms or rushing from you are required.
- Success : No more second-guessing what you have put on the form. The delivery of your birth certificate with overnight shipping will give you peace of mind faster than other options.
Are you ready to see what else we can do for you? If so, you should take a little time to contact us at DoNotPay. We will ensure you get your birth certificates, quickly, easily, and successfully.