The Easiest Way to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Oakland County
Did you know that many agencies require marriage certificates to approve shared health benefits and bank accounts between spouses? A is usually delivered to the married couple within a few weeks after the event. If you've lost your marriage certificate, or never even received it, you should contact a clerk of vital records.
Of course, it's not as simple as walking into an office and requesting a marriage certificate copy. You will be expected to search for the required application forms and find out which supporting documents are needed. DoNotPay provides you with all the tools that you need to get marriage certificate copies in any county.
Which Marriage Certificate Copies Are Available in Oakland County?
As long as the , you can get the corresponding certificate from the records office. Any certificates issued after 1942 can be requested online, by mail, or at the office itself. For certificates issued before 1942, you must ask for copies by mail or in-person appointment. Anyone can request a marriage certificate copy for a union, as long as they can provide:
- The names of both spouses before the marriage
- The names of both spouses after the ceremony was completed
- The date of the marriage
Estimated Wait Times for Oakland County Marriage Certificate Copies
If you visit the records office yourself, you should receive your marriage certificate copy on the same day. However, because the office is so busy, not everyone will have the time to fit an appointment into their schedules. Mailed marriage certificate copies are received within ten business days, but allow an extra three days for processing. Delivery by regular mail is free unless you select the Express Shipping option. This one costs $26.95 and guarantees delivery within three business days after processing.
Oakland County Marriage Certificate Copy Pricing
Marriage certificate copies are $15 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy. If you order your marriage certificate copy online, you'll have to pay an additional access fee. For orders under $50, it's only $2.50 extra. Available payment methods differ depending on how you apply for your certified copy. Here's what you're permitted to use for each one:
|Online||Credit card only (must be Visa, Discover, or MasterCard)|
|In-Person||Credit card, cash, or money order (addressed to Oakland County Clerk)|
|Mail-In||Money order or credit card (must be a photocopy showing the front and back of the card)|
How to Apply for Oakland County Marriage Certificate Copies by Yourself
Here's how most people try to get copies of :
Visiting the Records Office
You must call the records office to schedule an appointment at 248-858-0571. You can either complete the marriage request form at home or at the office.
Requesting Mail Delivery
For mail-in applications, you must:
1. Print out the marriage request form.
2. Fill out the Requestor's Information and Marriage Records sections.
3. Include your payment. If paying by credit card, you also need a photocopy of your state ID.
4. Include a stamped and self-addressed envelope.
5. Put everything in another secure envelope and address it to:
Oakland County Clerk
1200 N. Telegraph Rd
Purchasing Copies Online
Online orders can be placed on this page. Your card will not be charged until your marriage certificate copies have been shipped. Paying by credit card may seem convenient, but it can be tricky for mail-in applications. The photocopy of your credit card could be deemed "unreadable", so you might have to apply again. Keep in mind that many government agencies are short-staffed without a lot of time to spare. If you left out important information or didn't include the proper payment method, you probably won't be notified! If you don't see your order after a few weeks, you'll have to contact the records office for assistance. Oakland County warns that office appointments made between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. will have the longest wait times. If you don't have much time to spare, you might end up having to leave early without your certified copy!
Get Your Oakland County Marriage Certificate Copy in Less Time With DoNotPay
Getting certified copies of any record should be simple, but a lot of things can go wrong. DoNotPay can effectively streamline the entire process! If you want to get a but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
The State of Michigan will honor DoNotPay's request just like it would if you applied yourself! After the last step, all you need to do is wait a few weeks for your certified copy to arrive in the mail. You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your DoNotPay account! Here's why the DoNotPay process is more efficient than the standard method of requesting birth certificates:
- DoNotPay makes sure that your marriage certificate copy arrives quickly and safely!
- This service will never make you fill out complicated forms or do time-consuming research on your own!
- Once your request is filed, DoNotPay will see it through to a successful end!
DoNotPay Does Everything Better
DoNotPay prides itself on providing the simplest solutions for even the most frustrating problems. We can help you:
- Learn a copy of the marriage certificate
- Learn the marriage certificate
- Online marriage certificate
- How to apply marriage certificate online
- Fill out a marriage certificate
- Learn marriage certificate documents
We can also assist you:
- Get compensation after a delayed or canceled flight
- Get a virtual credit card to avoid unwanted charges
- Appeal parking tickets
- Claim a well-deserved rebate
- Skip the phone queue line when you call customer service
To join the thousands of satisfied DoNotPay users, make your account and get started.