Get a Certified Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Waco, TX Fast
You need to prove you are married. No matter how many scrapbooks and videos you have, wedding photos and social media posts are not legal proof that you are married. If you can't find the original, you better know how to get a copy of your United States-issued or wherever you are.
Reasons You May Be Required to Show McLennan County Marriage Records
If you get married in Texas, and you want to have the same legal last name as your spouse, you'll need your government-issued marriage certificate. If you somehow misplace the original, it would be in your best interest to get a copy right away. Changing your last name is not the only reason you might be asked to prove that you were legally married in McLennan County, Cobb County, and every other county in the Lone State state, however.
Here are a few more:
- Applying for a bank loan
- Applying for a property mortgage
- Filing federal taxes
- Filing Texas state taxes
- Obtaining a new passport
- Opening a new bank account
- Sharing health coverage with your spouse
- Willing property to a spouse
Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses Are Not the Same Thing
If you think a marriage license in Laredo, TX is identical to a marriage certificate in Waco, please think again. It's not the location that makes the documents different. It's what the documents do A marriage license allows a couple to be legally married, provided they wait for at least 72 hours after appearing together to request a license from the County Clerk. After the waiting period, a marriage license may be used anytime within 90 days. A marriage certificate, on the other hand, is lawful proof that a couple is officially married. One may obtain a marriage license without ever using it, but a marriage certificate is only issued after the license is signed and returned to a county officiant, explains Brides magazine.
How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Waco, TX
To search for marriage records online, visit the county clerk's website and input the document number and recording date along with both spouse names and the date of the marriage. To receive a copy by mail, send the following to one of the addresses listed above:
- Your full legal name at the time of the marriage
- Your spouse's full legal name at the time of the marriage
- Date or estimated year of the marriage
- Your return mailing address
- $6 for a certified copy
- $1 for a plain copy
If you think getting copies of legal documents in Waco and Laredo is troublesome, you're right. Fortunately, there is an easier way to get a copy of your marriage certificate.
|Waco City Hall
300 Austin Avenue
|McLennan County Clerk
215 North 5th Street
For additional information about marriage records in Waco, call (254) 757-5078
How to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Waco, TX With DoNotPay
If you want to get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Waco, TX but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Makes Marriage Records Easier to Manage
DoNotPay can help you:
- Learn more about how to get a copy of marriage certificate
- Learn how to fill out a marriage certificate
- Learn all about marriage documents
Yes we make it simpler to request legal documents, but DoNotPay does a lot more than just that.
- DoNotPay can write and send a defamation demand letter
- DoNotPay can demand airline compensation on your behalf
- DoNotPay can help you fight chargebacks and get refunds
- DoNotPay can help you file a formal complaint
- DoNotPay can tell you where to get free raffle tickets
No matter what you need to do, DoNotPay makes the process easier. After we help you request a , browse our site to see what else we can do for you today. .