How to Get a Copy of Monterey County Marriage Certificate
Are you faced with trying to locate your only to discover it has been lost or misplaced? You need a certified copy of the original Monterey County marriage license but you have no idea where to turn.
If this situation sounds all too familiar, there is good news. A fast and easy solution is waiting for you as part of the DoNotPay platform of services.
Let's look at this issue from all angles and then decide if the DoNotPay solution is the one best for you.
Changes Made to Monterey County Marriage Certificate Requests
On January 1, 2010, there were some changes made as to who could get a certified copy. The California Health and Safety Code, Section 103526, will allow only certain individuals to receive certified copies of non-confidential marriage certificates. The people who are not authorized by law to receive a certified copy of the Monterey County marriage certificate would receive a copy marked, "INFORMATIONAL ONLY, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY."
To get a non-confidential certified copy of a marriage certificate you must;
- Be identified as the person on the document or a parent or legal guardian of the person named
- Entitled to a copy as a court order for adoption, or other legal matters requiring an attorney
- A member of law enforcement who is conducting official business
- A direct descendant of the registrant
- An attorney representing the registrant or the estate of the registrant
The Non-Confidential Marriage Certificate
If you purchased a marriage license at the Monterey County Clerk's Office and did not specifically ask for a Confidential Marriage License, then what you have is a non-confidential or regular marriage certificate from the originally recorded marriage license. There is a difference in the informational quality of the confidential and non-confidential marriage certificates so ask in advance which one is required for your benefit.
The associated fee for a non-confidential marriage certificate is $17.00 and please note that this request can only be for marriage licenses that were issued in Monterey County, California.
Application For a Non-Confidential Marriage Certificate Copy
To begin the application process for a non-confidential marriage certificate copy of a Monterey County, California marriage, you have two choices;
- You can begin the application online and it will be submitted to the Monterey County Clerk's Office for processing. The online application can be found here.
- Make your request in person at the Recorder's Office via the kiosk.
Be sure in cases where you make your request in person to have a photo ID ready as the application needs to be witnessed by a record office staff member. When making the online application, be sure you visit the record office within two weeks to get your document or it will be deleted.
|Mail-In Option||You can also mail the completed, and notarized application for a Monterey County marriage certificate along with a check or money order (no cash) for $17.00 to;
Monterey County Recorder
P.O. Box 29
Salinas, California 93902
|Online via VitalChek||You can also use the online services of VitalChek, a third-party vendor for vital records like the Monterey County marriage certificate. You can access their services here, just be aware that as a third-party vendor, VitalChek will charge your credit or debit card an additional $12.95 fee per transaction.
This fee is in addition to the $17.00 fee for the Monterey County marriage certificate for a total of $29.95 per request using VitalChek.
Non-Confidential Monterey County Marriage Certificate For Informational Purposes
As mentioned above, you may obtain a copy of the non-confidential Monterey County marriage certificate for informational purposes if you are not a designated person on the marriage license itself. These may be used in cases where the designated person or persons are deceased and a family member needs to prove their marriage for any number of reasons.
This type of marriage certificate can be obtained by using any of the above methods. Just let the records office personnel know your intent and be ready to present a photo ID for your copy.
There is a Faster and Easier Way
With so many stipulations as well as so many options to choose from, your Monterey County Marriage Certificate may be the root cause of some serious confusion and time consumed. Let's look at how you can avoid the hassle, relax, and do something enjoyable instead of running down this Monterey County marriage certificate simply by delegating this job to DoNotPay. Here's how.
Let DoNotPay Get Your Monterey County, California Marriage Certificate Quick and Easy
DoNotPay was designed to ease the burden of those confusing and time-consuming trips to the local records offices where you lose more than just a few dollars. Here's how to recoup some of that time spent wondering if you are in the right place for the right thing.
If you want to get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Monterey County, California but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Let DoNotPay handle the records office in Monterey County so you don't have to.
Sound Good? Look at Some More DoNotPay Services
Let DoNotPay run around and . With thousands of requests ending in thousands of success stories, there's no reason why your Monterey County marriage certificate can't be the next one.
Let's look at other marriage certificate issues successfully navigated by using the time-saving and easy solutions provided by DoNotPay.
- Get Copies of Marriage Certificates
- Learn More About Marriage Certificates
- Online Marriage Certificates
- Online Applications for Marriage Certificates
- How to Fill Out a Marriage Certificate
- Learn More About Marriage Certificate Documents
Get your Monterey County marriage certificate through DoNotPay today!