Order a Marriage Certificate in Pinellas County the Easy Way
A marriage certificate is a government-issued legal document that provides official proof that a couple has legally married. You will need to provide a marriage certificate when changing your name to your spouse's name or applying for new health benefits.
Getting a copy of your marriage certificate is not always easy. You have to fill out an application, have it notarized in most cases, and send or deliver it with the required fee to the local Vital Records office.
DoNotPay eliminates the confusion, making it quick and easy to get a . Our automated system allows you to apply online for a certified copy directly from your home computer.
With the help of DoNotPay, you can get a copy of your marriage certificate without the hassle. We will mail the application to the proper authorities for processing with payment to cover the application fee on your behalf. Our virtual Notary product means you can have the Pinellas County marriage license request authorized without ever leaving your house.
DoNotPay can show you how to fill out a marriage certificate accurately, helping you successfully obtain a copy of a marriage certificate from any state.
Get started today and see how easy it is to get an online marriage certificate from any state with the help of DoNotPay.
What Is the Difference Between a Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License in Pinellas County?
The detailed application process for a marriage license in , is managed by The Clerk of the Circuit Court. To apply in person, go to the North County Branch or St. Petersburg Branch of the Clerk's Office. For a marriage license in Clearwater, FL, go to Recording Services, Room 150 of the Clearwater Courthouse.
In the State of Florida, couples intending to be married must apply for a marriage license before the wedding ceremony.
For a marriage license, Pinellas County requires a three-day waiting period between the day the marriage license is purchased and the day it becomes effective. Proof of completion of a Premarital Preparation Course waives the three-day waiting period if at least one of the applicants is a verified Florida resident.
Important things to know about a Pinellas County, FL marriage license:
- The marriage license is only effective for 60 days. If the couple marries outside the effective date, the marriage license is no longer valid.
- The cost for a marriage license is $93.50 or $61 for applicants that completed the Preparation Course.
- A Pinellas County marriage license is valid for a ceremony anywhere in Florida but must be recorded in Pinellas County.
The wedding officiant signs the marriage license at the wedding ceremony and returns it to Pinellas County for processing. You will receive a copy of a marriage certificate in the mail about one month after the ceremony, verifying the marriage is official. There is no charge for the marriage certificate.
If you inadvertently misplace the original marriage certificate, Pinellas County will reissue a certified copy, but you must follow several detailed steps. The complicated process involves lengthy forms, a notary, fees, and often a time-consuming in-person visit. DoNotPay eliminates the hassle, making it easy to request a from the convenience of your home computer.
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Pinellas County On Your Own
Marriage licenses recorded in Pinellas County, Florida, from May of 1972 through the present date can be viewed on the Clerk's official records website.
There are several ways to request a copy of a :
|Go to the online portal for the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller of Pinellas County, Florida. Create an account by providing your email address and password. Then follow the prompts to make an online request.
There is a $3 charge for a certified copy of a marriage certificate.
|Go to Room 163 – Official Records at the Clearwater Courthouse to fill out an application for a certified copy of a marriage certificate. You must present a government-issued ID.
|The Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics keeps records of all marriage certificates filed in Florida. There is a $5 search fee for all certified copy requests. You can visit the office Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm at 1217 North Pearl Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202.
You can also send a written request to the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics, PO Box 210, Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042.
Regular processing time is three to five business days, and there is a $10 fee for all rush orders. A check or money order, made payable to Vital Statistics, is required.
Include the following information with your request:
- Full name of both spouses
- Date of birth for each spouse
- Date of marriage
- City and County where the marriage took place
- County where the license was issued
Get a Pinellas County Marriage Certificate With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution for requesting a . Not only is our automated system easy to use, but the entire process is streamlined, making all requests fast and stress-free.
If you want to get a marriage certificate copy in Pinellas County, FL, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
In addition to showing you how to request a , DoNotPay can help you resolve many other commons issues, such as:
- Learning Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Writing Defamation Demand Letters
- Filling Out a Child Travel Consent Form
- Canceling Any Service or Subscription
- Requesting Chargebacks or Refunds
- Getting Passport Photos Online
- Filing a Complaint Against Any Company
- Finding Free Raffle Tickets
- Requesting an Item Return
As you can see, there is so much DoNotPay can do to help make solving problems simpler and less frustrating. With 24/7 access and easy-to-follow prompts, every issue is tackled with ease, without confusing forms, time-consuming phone calls, or frustrating waiting lines. Get started today with DoNotPay!