Get Your Virginia Beach Marriage Certificate Without the Hassle
It goes without saying that Virginia Beach is a beautiful place to tie the knot. With lovely sandy beaches, stunning coastal views, and a host of wonderful restaurants and hotels, it's perfect for your special day. But what if things go wrong with the marriage license issuance? Well, you don't have to worry; DoNotPay will help you apply online for a Virginia beach marriage certificate.
DoNotPay is a virtual lawyer that helps individuals contest an array of legal disputes, and manage tedious paperwork. Some of the issues DoNotPay can help you contest include parking tickets, unfair banking fees, insurance claims, and more. Its most recent innovation helps you get your Virginia beach marriage certificate quickly.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
The differences between the two documents are subtle but very important to understand. Check out the table below.
|Marriage Licenses||A marriage license is issued by the county registrar of vital records and is printed from a form online. You need this document to get married.
It contains all the necessary information needed to issue a marriage certificate. Once your order has been accepted, your license will usually be signed and sent off within 24 hours.
|Marriage Certificates||A marriage certificate is an acknowledgment that two people have gotten married in a courthouse, city hall, church, or another place of worship.
This document is often requested by banks and other financial institutions, as well as employers when you want to change your name at work.
It's also worth noting that in order to apply for a marriage certificate, you need to present proof of a valid marriage.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Virginia Beach?
In Virginia Beach, you are eligible to get a marriage certificate copy if you are from the US, and are either the bride or groom. Here are the eligibility requirements for you to get a Virginia beach marriage certificate:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You are the bride or groom
- You reside in Virginia (check the address of your local marriage license issuance venue)
- You were married in VA and your marriage took place more than 30 days after you applied to get a marriage license
- You used a marriage license issued in Virginia to get married.
- You may apply for a marriage certificate copy only if you have proof that you are legally married.
- You must have completed a marriage application or have the original or certified copy of the marriage record in your possession.
To know more about eligibility requirements, you can check them on the official website of your local city hall. You can also refer to the terms and conditions section of this page for any additional required documents or details. To get an understanding of the documents and other eligibility requirements to get a marriage certificate, check out more articles by DoNotPay.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Virginia?
You will need to submit the following documents in order to get your marriage certificate copy:
- Original Marriage Application Form
- Original Marriage Record (if applicable)
- Proof of ID (name, address, and birth proof)
The advantage of using DoNotPay is to get your marriage certificate in Virginia Beach is that you will avoid all the hassles of visiting your local city hall. From your application form to the acquisition of a marriage certificate, DoNotPay takes care of it all while giving you full control over the application process.
How to Get VA Beach Marriage Certificate by Yourself
Getting married in Virginia and getting a VA marriage certificate is not a simple process. It requires you to fill out an application and non-refundable payment of $30.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to get a VA marriage certificate on your own:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
See how easy that is? You don’t need to stand in line at city hall, fight traffic, or find parking. DoNotPay makes everything easier!
What Else Can DoNotPay do?
DoNotPay can help you maneuver through Virginia beach marriage records, and can also assist you to dispute many other legal issues. These include:
- Create passport photos
- File a complaint
- Airline flight compensation
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Child travel consent
- Defamation demand letters
- Free raffle tickets
- Item return requests
- How to cancel
Getting a Virginia Beach marriage certificate can be a very confusing and daunting process. There is a lot of information to process and you have to do it all yourself. If you are looking to get your marriage certificate at Virginia beach, do not worry! DoNotPay can help you without having to go to the government office and queue. All that is required of you is to sign up, answer a few questions, provide the documents required, and follow the instructions given.