How to Delete Your Vine Account in 7 Easy Steps
In 2012, Vine became an overnight sensation, as people from around the world began posting six-second video loops. Twitter purchased the social media platform for an astounding $30 million that same year.
Vine existed for about five years and was a unique place for users to showcase their creativity with silly content that often attracted millions of views. The popular video-sharing app was shut down in 2017 after losing its lion's share of the market to social media giants such as Instagram and Facebook.
Even though Vine is officially shuttered, users' data remains on the internet. The inactive online accounts are prone to information theft and data breaches. Many people that had accounts don't remember their login credentials or have changed emails, making it difficult to remove the Vine account.
It is crucial to remove your outdated account as soon as possible to avoid compromising your data security. DoNotPay can show you how to delete your Vine account in a few simple steps.
What Information is Still Available on Vine?
In 2019, the Vine archive was no longer available for users to view. The only way to see content was by using the unique URL of the Vine or using the Twitter URL if the Vine was shared. Much of the content has since been permanently deleted.
Users can still access public profiles that include the following information:
- Vine username
- Vine display name
- Public Vines
- The date of the original post
- Captions on existing Vines
- The number of likes and loops for each Vine
Some data may have already been removed by the user and will not be available for public access.
How to Find Your Vine Account
If you no longer see your profile information on Vine, it may be restricted due to technical limitations. Any videos that you previously shared on Twitter should still be accessible. You cannot download Vines but can view them through the Vine website. Embedded Vines are still available through Twitter.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Find Your Vine Account
- Go to the profile and replace "MyUserName" with the username you created when you signed up for the Vine app.
- If you don't remember your username, go to your Twitter profile page and click on the media tab to find a Vine.
- Select the "View on Vine" hyperlink to get to the archive page.
- Click on the username listed below the Vine to access your profile page.
What If I Can't Find My Username?
If you can't find your username, you will not be able to view your old Vines and will get the message "Oops! Couldn't find it" when trying to retrieve your content.
How to Delete A Vine Account On Your Own
According to the Twitter Help Center, you can no longer log in to the Vine website.
Currently, the only way to delete a Vine account is to send an email to support for assistance. When requesting Twitter delete vine app account, you must include a link to your profile page.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Issues You Might Run Into When You Try to Delete a Vine Account
Your old Vine account is linked to your Twitter account. If you are planning to delete Twitter, be sure to request your Vine account be removed first. If you don't, they may be unable to verify your identity and will deny your request.
Finding how to delete a Vine account without email verification is often very difficult, if not impossible. Login credentials are needed, so you may need the help of DoNotPay to recover your account password. An account that has been previously banned or permanently suspended is also difficult to delete altogether from the internet.
DoNotPay Can Help With Other Accounts
DoNotPay has years of experience handling issues related to customer service. Many of our users have had success deleting outdated accounts from online services, such as:
The automated system can also help delete old email accounts with AOL, Yahoo, and Gmail. The easy-to-use product will guide you through a series of questions, collecting information to verify account ownership.
DoNotPay will then send a request to Twitter on your behalf, stating your identity has been verified and that you want to delete your Vine app account and all associated data immediately.
How to Delete Your Vine Account Using DoNotPay
Deleting your Vine account can be done in a few clicks of a button with the help of DoNotPay. It does not need to be a frustrating or time-consuming process.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete a Vine Account
DoNotPay can show you how to delete your Vine account quickly and easily, letting you get back to enjoying the internet on your own terms.
- Fast—You can make a request from the convenience of your laptop.
- Easy—There are no emails, forms, or phone calls to deal with, and everything is completed in a single transaction.
- Successful—You will have the confidence that your request has been handled quickly and efficiently.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to deleting accounts, DoNotPay can also:
DoNotPay helps you tackle everyday issues so that you don't have to waste time dealing with customer service representatives, tedious online forms, and complicated websites. Sign up today!