How to Delete Your Wix Account Successfully
Wix is a company that enables a person to create a cloud-based website to use for blogs, informational purposes, or whatever else they may need. A person can create either/both a mobile website or one for a desktop.
But what happens when you forget your password and can't get into your account? Is there a way you can
Even if you haven't forgotten your password, having an old account that you don't use anymore is a huge risk to your data security. These kinds of accounts are prone to data breaches due to not being monitored very closely. It's important to protect your data and delete the account immediately.
Deleting an account you can't get into is a very frustrating process, but DoNotPay can make it easier for you. Instead of spending hours, or even days, trying to figure out a way to get rid of your inaccessible account, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
Why Should You Delete Your Wix Account?
If you don't have access to it, or simply don't use it anymore, then there's up. An unused account usually isn't monitored very closely, and the website host certainly won't do it for you.
Some websites may make a promise of security, but there's no guarantee it's something they can uphold. Just as banks can be victims of data breaches, so can site hosting websites.
Reasons to Delete Your Wix Account
- You don't want to be a victim of a data breach due to an unmonitored account
- Wix often charges for the use of hosting a website, so you may continue to be charged, even if your account is inactive
- You can still get spammed with emails from Wix
- Wix collects and stores personal data
- You may be locked out and have no access to your account
To sum it up, there's no good reason to keep an inactive account.
How to Delete Your Wix Account By Yourself
Deleting your Wix account can be a little confusing, especially if you're not sure how to navigate the website efficiently.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Here are the basic steps for deleting your Wix account, as listed on the Wix website:
- Cancel/transfer your existing Wix services and domains. You should be sure to cancel all of the services you're paying for to ensure you don't continue being charged for something you're no longer using.
- Move your sites to the trash. You'll want to delete your sites to make sure it's done correctly before closing your account.
- Remove domains connected to your account. You can transfer your domains to another host, or simply remove it from Wix if it's already hosted by another domain.
- Click to close your account
The frustrating part about deleting a Wix account without knowing your password is that you'll have to reset the password before you can continue. So, if you don't know the answers to your security questions or don't have access to the email connected to your account, then you may be out of luck when trying to delete the account on your own.
How to Delete Your Wix Account With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is there to help you delete an account if you're unable to do it yourself, whether it's because you forgot your password or just can't navigate the website like you want to.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
1. Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
2. Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
3. Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
4. Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
5. Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
6. Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
7. Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Wix Account
Why wouldn't you want to? DoNotPay can make things so much easier for you, especially if you're locked out of your account. There's almost no work on your part, and you don't have to spend forever trying to figure it out.
- Fast - You don't have to spend hours trying to delete your Wix account
- Easy - You don't have to struggle to remember security answers
- Successful - You can rest assured knowing DoNotPay will make the best case for you
DoNotPay Works Across All Platforms with the Click of a Button
If there are other accounts you don't have access to or want to delete, DoNotPay can help you with them as well.
Aside from Wix, DoNotPay can help you delete your accounts on:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
It'd be easier to ask what DoNotPay can't do. The site is essentially an online lawyer, so it can help you with almost anything, including appealing banned accounts, item return requests, and gaining access to or canceling free trials.
With such a wide array of things you can get help with, be sure not to miss out on the chance to take advantage of DoNotPay!