How to Delete Viber Account Easily
If you've tried deleting your Viber account before, you know that it isn't the easiest thing to do, especially if you don't remember your login details. But sometimes, is the only solution to avoiding such risks as identity theft, unauthorized access to your personal information, etc. So that means you have no choice but to find your way somehow.
That's what this comprehensive guide is about. We'll show you how to solve the problem by yourself, which can be tricky given your lack of login details, as well as how to leverage DoNotPay for a simpler, more convenient, and success-guaranteed solution. Keep scrolling for these and more information on deleting a Viber account.
Why Should You Delete Your Viber Account?
(or any other account for that matter) isn't something you just decide to do out of the blue; there must be a compelling reason behind your decision. Here are a few circumstances that may force you to take that route:
- You want to avoid further risk of data loss or identity theft
- You wish to stop receiving unwanted messages or calls
- You want to prevent others from accessing your online accounts
- You want to protect your privacy
- You want to avoid being tracked by third parties
- You want to get rid of spammy contacts
- You want to remove annoying ads
- You want to free up storage space
- You want to avoid paying fees for services you don't use anymore
- You want to reclaim unused credits
How to Delete Your Viber Account Without Help
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Here are the steps to prepare to delete a Viber account by yourself:
- Find out your username and password
- Log in to your Viber account using your credentials
- If you can't remember your login credentials, click on the "Forgot Password" link
- Enter the email address associated with your account
- Click on the "Send Email" button
- Wait for the confirmation message from Viber
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password
- Once you're done, log back into your account using your new password
- You're now ready to delete your account
Go ahead and follow the instructions provided in the help center to complete the process.
What Are Some of the Challenges You May Experience Deleting Your Account Without Help?
You might face several challenges when trying to delete your Viber account by yourself. Below are some of them:
- Finding your username and password
It's not easy to find your username and password, especially if you haven't used Viber for years. And even if you did, chances are you won't remember them. Hence, your best chance of recovering those details would be to contact customer support via phone or live chat.
- Account deletion request rejection
Sometimes, Viber will reject your request to delete your account. This could happen if you didn't provide enough proof that you own the account. In such cases, you'll need to provide additional evidence of ownership.
In rare instances, Viber may also reject your request because of an error in your profile. For example, you may have registered multiple accounts under one email address. Or maybe you tried to delete a different account than the one linked to your current email address.
- Account deletion failure
Sometimes, Viber fails to delete your account. It's possible that your account has been frozen due to suspicious activity. In such cases, Viber will ask you to prove that you're the account's rightful owner before deleting it. If you fail to meet their requirements, they may keep your account active until you fix the problem. However, they may eventually delete it after a certain period.
- Account suspension
Viber suspends your account if you violate its terms of service. Suspended users cannot access their accounts, but they can still receive incoming messages. They can only send outgoing messages once every 30 days. After 30 days, they'll lose all their messages.
How Can DoNotPay Help You Delete Your Viber Account Trouble-Free?
If you don't want to go through the long and tedious process of deleting your Viber account by yourself, DoNotPay has got you covered. Our automated platform can help you recover the login details, unban your account, and even cancel your active subscriptions - all without breaking a sweat. You only need to follow these seven simple steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting that your account be deleted.
We'll also ask for all of your data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations. You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your issue if they have any further questions or concerns.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
If you have other old, unused accounts you want to delete, have DoNotPay do it for you. DoNotPay can also handle account deletion for:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
At DoNotPay, we understand that there are tons of other simple challenges people face every day, and we're here to help. That's why we've lined up a series of other services tipped to make your life easy. Here are a few that you can explore:
What are you waiting for? Sign up today, and let DoNotPay save you time and money by helping you erase your Viber account trouble-free.