How Can I Delete My TurboTax Account?
In the past, taxpayers had few options in filing their taxes. Typically, they either had to complete and file their taxes through a tax preparer or themselves if they were familiar with the process. With the introduction of services like TurboTax, almost anyone can now complete and file their taxes online.
However, this service isn't for everyone. If you have a particularly complex tax history or require the assistance of someone in person, you may have learned the hard way that TurboTax won't work for you. That's why you want to learn .
Whatever the reason for wanting to delete your account, TurboTax makes it clear in their Help section that because they offer government services, accounts cannot be deleted. If you have paid for their services, they are legally required to retain your account information for government purposes. However, you can deactivate your TurboTax account, though the process of doing so appears to be somewhat complicated. Fortunately, even though we won't be able to delete your account, DoNotPay is here to do the hard work for you and help you get your TurboTax account deactivated and protect your tax information.
Aside from deleting your TurboTax account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Reasons You May Want to Delete Your TurboTax Account
There are several reasons you may want to learn . They could include:
- Deciding TurboTax isn't right for you - If you signed up for TurboTax only to discover that you require more help than they can offer, you have decided to seek the services of a tax preparer.
- Dissatisfaction with services - If you have used TurboTax for past tax returns and decided that you would like to use a different product, you may not want your sensitive tax information to remain on an unused account.
- Desire to limit unused online accounts - Regardless of the reason, if you no longer wish to use your TurboTax account, you don't want to keep important information online in the event of a security threat.
While you may not be able to delete your account, it doesn't mean it can't be wiped clean of sensitive information. In place of deleting your account, DoNotPay can easily have your account deactivated and your private information removed.
How to Delete Your TurboTax Account on Your Own
To deactivate your TurboTax account on your own, you must have access to your account. If you have misplaced your login information, you will not be able to follow the steps laid out on the TurboTax website. Fortunately, if you need assistance with password recovery, DoNotPay can help with that, too. To try to deactivate your TurboTax account on your own, follow these steps:
- For users with the paid version of TurboTax, first, sign in to your account.
- Click Contact and type your questions to speak to a live agent.
- The live agent will walk you through the next steps of deactivating your account.
- If you are using a free version of TurboTax, you can clear any data you have entered by using the "Clear and Start Over" feature.
- If you encounter issues, a customer support number is provided: 1 (800) 446-8848
You will need to provide identification, such as a photo of a driver's license or social security card, to prove who you are. Currently, it does not appear as though you can deactivate your account by email at this time. The steps are somewhat unclear and may prove to be frustrating and time-consuming. By letting DoNotPay deactivate your account for you, you can save yourself unnecessary stress and valuable time.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.
|Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
DoNotPay Is Here to Help You
With the help of DoNotPay, there is no need to spend time researching how to delete your old accounts. With DoNotPay's Delete Account product, you need to answer a few questions, provide the necessary identification, and DoNotPay will do the rest for you.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
At DoNotPay, we're here to take the stress and frustration out of everyday issues. When you sign up for our services and join our community, you'll see how easy it is to get started on simplifying your life. In addition to helping you delete and deactivate old accounts and recover lost passwords, DoNotPay has many products and services to help de-stress your life. You can also use DoNotPay if you need to:
- Appeal a banned account
- Get off a spam email list
- Find free trials on products and services
- File a complaint
- Request an item return
Sign up for DoNotPay to get started today!