How to Delete a Square Account With Ease
A Square account is essential for those who want to work in the e-commerce space, whether as a side hustle or as a full-time business. However, you may need to know how to if you no longer want to use the service or are moving to another point of sale system for your business.
Your Square account deals with a lot of business and personal data, if you plan to no longer use it, deleting your square account is essential to keeping your data safe. Once you have exported your important data, you can take the steps necessary to delete your account. If you are having an issue because you have forgotten your password or have otherwise been prevented from accessing the account, DoNotPay can help you with the process.
How to Delete a Square Account by Yourself
takes a few steps. As long as you have current access to your account, you can go to your Square dashboard and complete these steps.
|Log in To Accounts & Settings||From your Square dashboard, you can access your accounts & settings. Once there, you will see the Personal Information tab, and there you will have the option to deactivate your account.|
|Verification||After you have selected to deactivate your account, you will get a 2-factor verification code. This will be sent to the 2-factor verification method you had previously set up. If one wasn't set up on the account, the code would go to the email address associated with the account. Once the code is entered, you will confirm that you want to deactivate the account and the process will be completed.|
Reasons to Delete Your Square Account
There are a couple of reasons that as a Square user you may want to delete your Square account. The first reason is that you may have found a different point of sale system that you would prefer to use for your business. Another reason may be that you are no longer in the e-commerce space, so you no longer need the account.
As with any type of online account, you may have experienced a data breach that would lead you to want to close down any accounts you no longer use to prevent data theft now and in the future.
Issues You May Face in Deleting a Square Account
Deleting a Square account can be a simple task, but when it comes to the data that Square already has, you will no longer be able to access it once the account is deactivated. If you wish to continue your business with another point of sale system, this could be an issue. Before deleting or deactivating a Square account, users should take these steps first:
- Export payment history, which is necessary for filing taxes or applying for loans in the future
- Export item library, which is helpful if moving your e-commerce business to another point of sale system
- Export customer directory to maintain customer data in the future
- Cancel Square subscriptions which cannot be canceled after an account is deactivated
- Download any tax forms associated with the account
Delete Your Square Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you are having an issue getting rid of your square account, DoNotPay can help. By following just a few simple steps, you can get rid of the account you no longer use.
How to delete old accounts using DoNotPay:
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you close many types of online accounts that you may not want any longer. Some of the accounts that DoNotPay can help you close include:
- Yahoo accounts
- AOL accounts
- eHarmony accounts
- Venmo accounts
- Uber accounts
- Amazon accounts
- Gmail accounts
- PayPal accounts
- Instagram accounts
- Facebook accounts
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with a range of daily tasks. Some of the tasks that you can complete with DNotPay include:
DoNotPay can do these and many other tasks for you, all with just a few clicks.