How to Delete Your SoFi Account Easily
Money management is an important skill to have, and unfortunately, it's one that most of us learn along the way as adults. Social Finance, commonly known as SoFi, is a great platform for building your financial knowledge.
Once you feel like you have a handle on everything, you may consider other services, but what happens to your SoFi account? If you are no longer taking advantage of SoFi's offerings, DoNotPay can help you .
Reasons to Delete Your SoFi Account
Before you delete your account, you should review your holdings with SoFi. By following the steps to close your product accounts before you you can redirect any outstanding funds before you make the call to support and save yourself time on the phone.
Moving Your Checking Account to a Different Bank
If SoFi caught your eye while you were shopping around for checking accounts, you may have found the early payday, lack of ATM fees, and free overdraft protection enticing. As your finances changed, you may have found a bank that better suits your needs for any number of reasons.
If you're looking to move away from SoFi Money's cash management account, you will need to meet the following three conditions to close your account online:
- Pending transactions
- No connected bank account
- One or more active debit card disputes
This ensures that you get the correct amount of money remaining in your account transferred to your new bank. If you cannot close your account online, you can contact support at 855-456-7634.
Using a Different Credit Card
You cannot close your SoFi credit card account online. You must call support at 844-945-7634 to get your account closed. Unlike the Money Management and Invest account support lines, representatives are available 24 hours a day. You can close your account if there is a balance on your card, but you are still responsible for paying it.
Using a Different Investment Broker
If you are trying to move your investments out of a SoFi account, you must complete the steps below before your account can be closed:
- Cancel any pending or recurring deposits
- Cancel any recurring purchases
- Sell or transfer any holdings within the account
- Have a $0 balance in your account
- Have a $0 balance in any linked cryptocurrency accounts
Once you have a zero balance in your SoFi Invest account, you can close your account online or through the SoFi app.
Stale Account or Forgotten Password
If you stopped using SoFi but left your account open, you left yourself open to password and identity theft. Closing your account means bad actors have one less way to try and get your information. If you simply forgot your password, you can call support so you can close your account without it.
Forgot your password, but not interested in closing your SoFi account? DoNotPay can help you recover your password and continue using your SoFi account.
Deleting Your SoFi Account by Yourself
SoFi users have two options for deleting their accounts:
- Call support - You can contact support at 855-456-7634 Monday through Thursday from 5am to 7pm Pacific Time or Friday through Sunday 5am - 5pm Pacific Time.
- Chat with an agent - If you have your login information, you can log into your account and virtually chat with a representative.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Why DoNotPay Is the Best Way to Delete Your SoFi Account
SoFi does not offer any automated way to delete your account. You must either speak with a representative after sitting through a long hold time or log into your account and chat with a service representative. Email support is only offered for specific products, partnerships, and press.
Save yourself time and frustration by letting DoNotPay handle it for you.
How to Delete Your SoFi Account Easily With DoNotPay
If you want to delete your SoFi account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Delete Unwanted Accounts with DoNotPay
Whether you're trying to escape the vacuum of social media or just tired of receiving email for a service you no longer use, DoNotPay can help you delete accounts for many sites including:
Declutter Your Life with DoNotPay
Now that you've cleaned up part of your digital space, let DoNotPay guide you through streamlining other areas of your life by helping you:
and more. Try DoNotPay today to optimize your life.