How To Delete a Snapchat Account Permanently
Like any other social media platform, Snapchat is a great way to connect with friends and make new ones. It is an excellent platform for editing photos and modifying selfies using stickers, drawings, and filters. But what if you no longer want to use Snapchat? What if you want to delete your Snapchat account permanently?
Old and inactive accounts on Snapchat, Instagram, AOL, Uber, and Gmail can cause data breaches since they are not regularly monitored. If you're ready to say goodbye to Snapchat for good, here's how to delete your account permanently. You will also learn how to use DoNotPay as a more convenient and cost-effective way to delete your old accounts.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account on Your Own
If you decide you no longer want to use Snapchat, you can delete it. However, you can only delete a Snapchat account through the Snapchat website. This means you will need to have your login information to access your account. Follow these easy steps to delete the account on your own:
- Go to Snapchat's web browser here
- Enter your username and password and click login
- Click on "Delete my Account" on the "Manage My Account" page
- Enter your username and password again
- Click continue, and your account will be deactivated
Your Snapchat account will be permanently deleted after 30 days following deactivation. Refrain logging in during this period as it will reactivate the account. Ensure you download a copy of your Snapchat data before deleting your account.
Can I Delete With — A Summary
If you forget your passwords, DoNotPay can help you recover them without resetting them yourself. We can also manage your subscriptions and appeal your ban if you have been locked out.
Reasons to Delete Your Account
Snapchat will collect your personal information, including name, date of birth, username, password, phone number, and email address, when registering for an account. Leaving such data in your old or inactive account poses a risk of identity theft and other data breaches. Here are some of the most common reasons people delete their Snapchat account:
- You're not using it
- Your privacy is compromised
- Your account was suspended or banned
- You want to delete all your data
- Your account is inactive
- You don't have the login information
- You're experiencing an error with the application
- You're moving to a new platform
How Hard Is It to Delete a Snapchat Account?
While it seems easy enough to delete your Snapchat account, it is not so easy if you have forgotten your login information. If you have lost access to your Snapchat account, you will need to contact Snapchat for assistance. They can permanently delete your account, but only if you can prove that your login information was lost. Some of the issues you might face when deleting a Snapchat account include:
- No access to a recovery email or phone number
- One way to contact Snapchat is through their Customer Support which can take long before your issue is resolved.
- You may also need to contact them through your account, which you have no access to due to forgotten credentials.
- You are trying to delete a deceased loved one's old account and are requesting for their account to be deleted.
- You are trying to recover your email by resetting the password but cannot do so because Snapchat requires you to answer the security questions you forgot.
Next Steps for Deleting Your Snapchat Account if You Can't Do It Yourself
While deleting a Snapchat account seems like a walkover, the process can be lengthy and frustrating, especially when you have to reset or recover your passwords. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers a more straightforward solution to deleting your Snapchat account. You only need to provide a few details about your Snapchat account, and we shall do the rest as you go about your daily routines.
How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently with the Help of DoNotPay
Deleting a Snapchat account with DoNotPay is as seamless as it gets. You simply need to provide some basic information about your account, and we shall take care of the rest for you. DoNotPay can also help you recover forgotten passwords, appeal bans, and manage any of your subscriptions.
How to delete old accounts using DoNotPay:
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Snapchat Account Permanently
DoNotPay offers a convenient and super-easy way to delete your Snapchat account permanently without having to go through the hassles of resetting or recovering passwords. Some of the benefits of leveraging DoNotPay services include:
- Fast. You won't spend hours trying to delete your Snapchat account manually.
- Easy. No need to fill out forms or keep track of the process. Provide a few account details and leave the rest to us.
- Successful. With a vast customer base and high success rates, rest assured we shall take care of your account deletion needs.
DoNotPay Can Delete Account Across Multiple Platforms
Are you stuck anywhere else? DoNotPay works with a multitude of companies, entities, and groups to help you solve any issue you might be facing. You can also use DoNotPay to cancel your eHarmony, Amazon, and PayPal accounts. DoNotPay will also help apply for a birth certificate in Michigan the same way it can for Pennsylvania.
How Else Can I Use DoNotPay?
Deleting your Snapchat account is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. You can use DoNotPay for several other problems, including: