How to Delete Periscope Account
Periscope made it easy to share and experience live video streams directly from your tablet or smartphone. But following its shutdown, you want to delete your Periscope account, so your data doesn't just hang around online. The problem is Periscope's mobile app lacks an account removal feature, and its website doesn't make deletion easier either. So you're stuck wondering .
According to Twitter, your only option is to contact Periscope support and ask them to delete the account. But this can be hard, too, if you don't have access to your account or can't log in. Add that to the fact that Periscope shut down its operations, and you begin to understand why the entire process is frustrating. But luckily, you don't have to struggle on your own. DoNotPay can help you delete your Periscope account with ease and convenience.
DoNotPay is a service app that helps people like you deal with online account issues. Aside from deleting your Periscope account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Reasons to Delete Your Periscope Account
There are many reasons for wanting to learn , including:
- The shutdown – there's no need to have the app still when it no longer serves the purpose.
- Preventing potential attacks due to data leaks –an unmonitored account can expose you to attacks and ensuing identity theft, fraud, etc.
- Not wanting your information included in their database.
How to Delete Periscope Account on Your Own
Periscope doesn't have an account removal feature on its mobile app. It also has a complex website interface that makes it hard to delete your account easily. You need to contact its support services to request account deletion. Here's how to do it:
- Login to the email account associated with your Periscope account.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient of the email.
- Add Delete Account as the subject line.
- Write an email requesting Periscope to delete your account permanently.
- Be sure to include your details, like your name, phone number, or email address associated with your account.
- Press Send to submit your request.
Periscope should contact you with further details regarding the account deletion. However, with the shutdown, you might never get a message. In which case, DoNotPay can come in handy in ensuring your account is deleted as it is your right under the GDPR, VCDPA, and CCPA consumer privacy laws.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|Password Manager||You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.|
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.|
|Recovering Passwords||Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.|
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Periscope Account?
DoNotPay is a reputable social and service provider with a highly competent team ready to help. We have a range of products specifically designed to help you solve your problem. We'll submit a demand letter to Periscope, asking them to delete your account and any personal data linked to the account.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it. DoNotPay will handle the rest. You should get an email from Periscope with details about the next steps – or confirm the account deletion.
Why Use DoNotPay?
DoNotPay is your one-stop-shop for all online account issues. It will help you delete your old Periscope account fast and easily. DoNotPay:
- Has high success rate: Rest easy knowing your Periscope account and data will be deleted. DoNotPay offers the best results for account deletion and password recovery in the market.
- Is fast: You don't have to go through the frustrating process of contacting unresponsive customer support. DoNotPay will do that for you and ensure your account gets deleted as soon as possible.
- Is easy: Get your periscope account deletion with a few clicks. No need to struggle with password resets or filling out forms, etc.
- Offers vast solutions: DoNotPay is your one-stop shop for wide-ranging solutions, from online account issues to credit cards, bills, etc.
DoNotPay Helps You Delete Any Account
Periscope is not the only account that DoNotPay helps you delete. You can also delete email, eCommerce, gaming, social media, and streaming service accounts. Additionally, DoNotPay works across all entities, companies, and groups with a click of a button.
today to enjoy our vast solutions. You can also talk to our supportive customer care team about any questions or concerns that you might have!