How to Delete Your Netflix Account The Easy Way
You don't use your Netflix account anymore. As a smart person, you would like to – after all, isn't it best to remove personal information from the internet whenever you can? Yet perhaps you don't remember that old password or email address you used for the account. Maybe the “you forgot your password” option wouldn't work because you no longer have access to the email address or phone number previously linked to the account.
Deleting old and unused online accounts is important but can be tricky and time-consuming when you have difficulty accessing them.
You may follow steps to attempt to accomplish this on your own – but DoNotPay offers a much easier, automated way to handle this if you wish.
Should I Bother Deleting My Old Netflix Account?
Getting rid of those unused accounts is a very good idea. The longer your old accounts sit around collecting dust, the more likely they will bring you trouble.
|Consumer Reports has revealed that hackers and other malicious people commonly force their way into large collections of private data, including credit card information, phone numbers, and email addresses. Google+ and Myspace are two services that lost popularity and have experienced data breaches impacting millions of people who might not have used either service for years.
|Unfortunately, your personal information might be used for identity theft if it is stolen through a data breach. Safeguarding against this crime may save you from potential heartache.
|If you have reused a password for multiple accounts, one data breach may expose it and provide the key to log in to your additional accounts.
|Since you don't use older accounts, you are not likely to be monitoring any activity linked to them. If someone gains access, they could make changes to the account to attempt identity theft – all the more reason to get rid of it if you are not using it.
How Do I Delete My Netflix Account?
Visit netflix.com/cancelplan. Once canceled, Netflix automatically deletes accounts 10 months later.
Send an email to email@example.com from the email address associated with the account. (You may not send the request from a different email address, even if you include the original email address within the message.)
Cannot Access the Email Address Associated With the Account?
You are not alone. According to Digital Information World, 78% of 500 people surveyed admitted they forgot their password for at least one personal account in the previous 90 days. Try these options:
- Visit Netflix.com
- Enter the email address you used when you signed up
- When prompted for the password, click the Need help? option
- Choose to reset your password by text or email
Assistance via email
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your situation. They will provide further steps necessary to prove your identity based on your situation.
Request help online
- Visit the contact us link
- Click the Start Live Chat option
Request assistance by phone
You can call this number to get assistance via phone, 1-844-505-2993.
Is There an Easier Way to Accomplish All of This?
Attempting to can be a time-consuming effort with tedious steps to follow. A handy alternative is DoNotPay. Our product can simplify the entire process, and you will find it to be:
- Fast - You will not need to spend hours attempting to solve this problem
- Easy - No struggling to fill out long, tedious forms or keep track of multiple steps
- Successful - You may rest assured we will make the best case for you
How to Delete Your Netflix Account Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Consult these related articles for advice on similar topics for which we can provide help:
- How to delete a Facebook account
- How to delete an Instagram account
- How to remove a PayPal account
- How to remove a Gmail account
- How to delete an Amazon account
- How to remove an Uber account
- How to get rid of a Venmo account
- How to remove an eharmony account
- How to delete an AOL account
- How to remove a Yahoo account
DoNotPay offers an easy, automated way to help you resolve a wide range of problems. We offer many additional services to help simplify your life, including (but certainly not limited to):
DoNotPay can provide you with simple, automatic ways to delete old online accounts and many other otherwise-annoying tasks. Let us make things easier for you.