How to Delete a MyQuest Account The Easy Way
If you're like most Americans, you probably have a hard time remembering your passwords to your accounts. According to some statistics, over 50% of Americans forget their password as soon as they set it. Part of the problem is how many accounts we all have, many of which we don't even use. If you have a MyQuest account that you no longer use and would like to delete, you're not alone.
Unfortunately, deleting accounts can be hard, especially if you don't remember your password. is no different. If you're struggling to figure out how to delete your MyQuest account, you may need help from a customer service expert from DoNotPay who knows how to handle deleting accounts even if you don't have all your account information available.
How to Delete Your MyQuest Account Without Help
MyQuest is the free patient portal associated with your Quest Diagnostics account. Quest Diagnostics is a national diagnostic company that performs tests on people with a variety of symptoms and helps diagnose health issues so that they can begin treatment. MyQuest is the patient portal where patients can access their test results, schedule appointments, pay bills, and track their health history.
Creating an account with MyQuest is easy. You'll need to create a username and password, enter some personal health history information, and add contact information. You'll also need to establish some identity verification questions and may need to enter the last four digits of your social security number to make sure your account remains secure.
However, once you've created that account, actually deleting it is much more challenging. Here are the basic steps to on your own.
1. Revoke Authorization
First, you have to revoke the authorization you gave MyQuest to send you your lab results. To do so:
- Go to the person icon that leads to your account.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Find Electronic Authorization under the Security & Sign In heading.
- Click Revoke.
- Click Revoke again to confirm your decision.
2. Contact MyQuest
Once you've revoked authorization from MyQuest, you need to get in touch with the customer care team at MyQuest to officially delete your account. To do so, find and click on the question mark icon, then go to Message Quest. Send a message through the chat to ask how to delete your MyQuest account.
3. Reach Out for More Help
If you run into any issues while deleting your MyQuest account, you can reach out to a real person for help. There are two ways to do this:
- In the Quest Chat, type "can I speak to a real person", "can I speak with a representative", or "can I speak with an agent." A customer representative will get back to you between 7 a.m and 6 p.m. Central Time.
- Use the Message Quest form to send an email by typing "Access Message Quest form" in your Message Quest portal. Make sure you include a reason for contacting them. Someone will write you back during their working hours.
Here is a summary of the methods by which you can delete your account:
As you can see, the process of deleting your MyQuest account is a challenging one. You'll have a hard time getting in touch with a real person, and if you run into any problems, it will probably take you a long time to receive a response from their busy customer service team.
Why You May Want to Delete Your MyQuest Account
There are a few main reasons you may want to delete your MyQuest Account:
- You no longer use the account to access lab results.
- You can't remember your password, username, or email.
- You get too much spam mail.
- You've been locked out of your account.
Leaving old accounts open that you never use can increase your exposure to data crime. You won't be monitoring an old MyQuest account, which could allow a hacker to break in more easily. Unfortunately, an account with MyQuest is sure to be full of sensitive information such as your birthday, social security number, and medical history. If you don't want hackers accessing this information, you'll want to be sure to delete your account.
Deleting Your MyQuest Account with DoNotPay
If you want to delete your MyQuest account without the hassle or if you don't have all the information you need to get logged in to your account, DoNotPay can help. With DoNotPay, there's no need to worry about contacting a representative or trying to get a real person to contact you. You can delete your account in seven easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Within minutes, you'll be on your way to deleting your account without having to struggle to contact anyone!
DoNotPay Works across All Accounts with the Click of a Button
Ready to really buckle down on your data security? Go ahead and close other old and unused accounts to protect you from hackers. Luckily, DoNotPay can help you delete any account and save you a ton of time and hassle. Here are just a couple more examples:
- Delete Facebook Account
- Delete Instagram Account
- Delete Paypal Account
- Delete Gmail Account
- Delete Amazon Account
- Delete Uber Account
- Delete Venmo Account
- Delete eHarmony Account
- Delete AOL Account
- Delete Yahoo Account
DoNotPay can do much more to help you with account issues. For example, with DoNotPay you can:
- Appeal banned accounts.
- Get and cancel free trials.
- Cancel subscriptions.
- Recover passwords.
If you'd like help deleting your MyQuest account or handling other account issues, don't hesitate to reach out to DoNotPay today.