How to Delete KuCoin Account Securely
If you opened a KuCoin account, you may have been surprised to learn that it cannot be legally used in the United States. It’s probably best to close the account and get rid of it altogether.
Brace yourself, because it may not be easy to once it's in place.
What is KuCoin?
is a cryptocurrency exchange that many experienced blockchain users find useful. With a strong user base that is utilized by approximately one in four worldwide crypto holders, KuCoin offers good customer service and a wide range of coins.
It is said that these coins are available at KuCoin:
- Binance Coin (BNB)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Chainlink (LINK)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Filecoin (FIL)
- Internet Computer (ICP)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Polkadot (DOT)
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Tether (USDT)
- Theta (THETA)
- Uniswap (UNI)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
- XRP (XRP)
What is Cryptocurrency?
The term "cryptocurrency" describes the encryption techniques that are used to secure the network where they are held. Cryptocurrency is a type of network-based digital asset that can be distributed across a large number of computers. Because the structure is decentralized, cryptocurrency is able to exist outside government control, explains Investopedia.
Cryptocurrency such as KuCoin is touted for its inflation resistance, portability, and transparency. Cryptocurrency is also derided for its exchange rate volatility and tendency to be used for illegal activities.
Why Delete Your KuCoin Account?
Because KuCoin is not allowed to operate in the US, you could get into legal trouble for using it. If you do use KuCoin, and you are hacked or otherwise lose your money, the FDIC will not cover your losses as they would if your money was lost by a bank within the US.
The Fool explains that American citizens are at risk of having their KuCoin account frozen due to the fact that the government is currently cracking down on unlicensed, unregulated cryptocurrency services such as KuCoin in an effort to prevent tax evasion and money laundering.
How to Delete KuCoin Account On Your Own
A search of the KuCoin website will reveal no clear information about how to close an account.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
The website chat-bot suggested an article about how to freeze, not delete, a KuCoin account. A YouTuber named Real Education had some advice that may be worth trying, however.
Not exactly a safe option, but here are the steps outlined:
- First, compose an email to tech support with "Close Account" in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, type your full legal name along with the reason or reasons you wish to delete your KuCoin account.
- Type in your mobile phone number, KuCoin document number, and date of birth (DOB) to verify you are who you say you are.
- Take an image of your signature in black ink, and attach it to the email.
- Send it, and hope for the best.
If you think it sounds like deleting KuCoin is a complicated process, you're right. There is no guarantee that sending an email request is the right way to delete your KuCoin account PLUS you are putting your personal information at a greater risk by putting it all in one email. Fortunately, there is a better, safer way.
DoNotPay Can Delete KuCoin Account For You
DoNotPay can delete your KuCoin account for you, even if you forgot your password. Instead of scrounging around the company website for a very hard-to-find way to cancel, simply sign up with DoNotPay, and ask us to delete the KuCoin account for you.
Here's all you have to do:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Really. That's all there is to it. The AI robot lawyer at DoNotPay will take care of everything, including asking KuCoin to delete your stored info, and your KuCoin account will be gone.
DoNotPay Can Delete Other Unwanted Accounts, Too
KuCoin is not the only type of account DoNotPay can cancel for you. DNP works tirelessly to cancel unwanted subscriptions and delete all sorts of social media, email, and dating service accounts. We've helped thousands of people, and we can help you, too.
Here's a short list of the things DoNotPay can do for you:
- Delete Facebook account
- Delete Instagram account
- Delete PayPal account
- Delete G-mail account
- Delete Amazon account
- Delete Uber account
- Delete Venmo account
- Delete eHarmony account
- Delete America Online (AOL) account
- Delete Yahoo account
DoNotPay is Here to Help 24/7
Companies like KuCoin want people to sign up and create accounts, but they don't make it easy to cancel an account. Searching for ways to cancel and following whatever instructions you might find could take hours. That's one reason DoNotPay is here.
- DoNotPay saves money.
- DoNotPay saves time.
- DoNotPay reduces your risk of a headache.
DoNotPay robot lawyers know exactly where to send demand letters and get your unwanted accounts canceled once and for all. If you want to cancel your KuCoin account today, contact us and we'll get right on it.