Delete Your Klarna Account and Erase Personal Data Quickly
Every time you shop online, whether it’s with an online retailer like Amazon or through the services of an online payment system like Paypal, you have to provide your credit card and/or banking information which can be held on file indefinitely. This means online shopping accounts that you no longer use or have lost access to can put your financial data at risk for data leaks and identity theft. Deleting your old, inactive banking accounts, like , is the best way to keep your information safe.
Online consumers love Klarna, the online banking app, because of its “Buy Now, Pay Later” approach to shopping. If you’ve ever used Klarna but ultimately feel like you’d rather just close your account permanently, you may find the undertaking much harder than expected. This becomes doubly true if you’ve forgotten your password and no longer have the means of recovering your login information.
Luckily, the Delete Old Accounts product from DoNotPay can help you delete your Klarna account with ease.
What Is Klarna?
Klarna is a Swedish online banking organization founded on the premise of providing a smooth online shopping experience for its customers. Its popular interest-free payment plans allow you to purchase and ship merchandise from your favorite online retailers and make payments over time.
Klarna partners with a large variety of popular online shops and major retailers, including:
- Saks Fifth Avenue
How Does Klarna Work?
Each time you shop using Klarna, it creates a One-time card to be used specifically for your chosen online store. This is a virtual single-use card with a 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV code, just like any normal credit or debit card.
Depending on which payment method you choose when creating your One-time card, a payment schedule is created that will automatically charge your connected credit card or personal bank account. There are two payment options:
|“Pay in 4″ plan||This plan splits your purchase into four equal payments that are spread out over a 6-week time period. The first payment is due when your order ships, and the following three payments are due every two weeks.|
|“Pay in 30″ plan||This plan lets you order an item without making any payments upfront. After the item ships, you’ll receive an invoice from Klarna that is due within 30 days.|
Does Using Klarna Affect My Credit Score?
In order to assess your financial standing, Klarna does perform a credit check depending on your preferred payment method. This is a soft credit check which does not affect your credit score, nor will it be visible to other lenders. Klarna will only perform a hard credit check for their traditional financing service, which will be reported to the credit bureaus.
Your credit score could be negatively impacted if you fail to make your payments on time. By defaulting on a Klarna loan, you run the risk of being reported to the credit bureaus and lowering your credit score.
How Do I Close My Klarna Account?
Making the decision to is easier said than done. Like many apps and online services, it takes some persistent clicking to find out how you can delete your account, and even then, it cannot be completed without jumping through several hoops. According to Klarna’s Customer Service page, you must follow three essential steps to begin the process of closing your account.
- First, make sure all your previous orders are paid off and cleared. It could take 10 days for your last payment to officially clear.
- Make certain you have manually removed all your payment information from the app.
- Contact Klarna’s customer service team via virtual chat and request to have your personal data deleted. They will then direct you further through any additional steps to assure the account is eventually closed.
Ways to Delete Your Klarna Account
|Can I Delete Klarna With||Yes / No|
Since you’re required to cancel via live chat, this means you cannot close your Klarna account by mail, by phone, in person, via email, on their website, or via the app. In essence, Klarna has made it impossible for its users to delete their accounts without assistance.
How Can DoNotPay Help Me Close My Klarna Account?
The frustration of trying to delete your Klarna account can be extremely aggravating, especially if you’re short on time. DoNotPay makes the entire ordeal easier by automating the process on your behalf.
Whether you just need help recovering your lost password, or you want to delete the account entirely, DoNotPay has you covered in just 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Should I Use DoNotPay?
Our customers choose the Delete Old Accounts product from DoNotPay for these reasons:
- It works: With such a high success rate of achieving account deletions, DoNotPay is proud to say we can deliver results.
- It’s fast: We know your time is valuable, and that’s why we make the process of protecting your online data quick and efficient.
- It’s easy: Klarna should work for you, not the other way around. Our Delete Old Accounts product is so easy to use, you’ll wonder why you didn’t use it sooner.
- It’s a one-stop solution: DoNotPay has lasting solutions for a variety of online account issues. We can help you reset your account passwords, get your online accounts unbanned, and so much more.
What Other Accounts Can I Delete With DoNotPay?
- Delete Facebook account
- Delete Instagram account
- Delete Gmail account
- Delete Uber account
- Delete Venmo account
- Delete eharmony account
- Delete AOL account
- Delete Yahoo account
What Else Can I Do Through DoNotPay?
Getting assistance with online account deletions is just the tip of the iceberg—DoNotPay works with many companies to help you solve a huge array of issues, like:
- How to appeal a banned account
- How to fight email spam
- How to get free trials without risk
- How to file a complaint
- How to make an item return request
Skip the hassle and start getting things done today the easy way with DoNotPay!