How to Delete a Kindle Account in Minutes
While some people enjoy getting their books on an E-Reader like a Kindle, it's not for everyone. If you've tried it and decided you'd rather go back to paper, you probably want to close your account. But do you know the steps to ?
We can walk you through the process, so you can take the steps yourself to ditch your Kindle account. Or with DoNotPay's Delete Accounts feature, we can do it for you, so you never have to think about it again.
How to Delete Kindle Accounts on Your Own
There are a few reasons you may want to , and what you're after will affect the process you'll use to get it done. Here are the different types of cancellations, and what you need to do in order to get them done.
How to Delete a Kindle Unlimited Account
If you have a Kindle Unlimited account, you pay $9.99 a month for access to unlimited books. You don't get to keep the books on your account permanently, but you can have up to ten books at a time downloaded. But if you find that's a little pricey for what is basically an E-Reader library service, you can cancel the membership by following these steps.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Find Manage Membership and click on Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership.
- Select Cancel Membership.
- Your account will stay active until the next billing date, at which time you will lose access to any titles you have downloaded.
How to Delete a Kindle Account
Kindle is an E-Reader that's made and sold by Amazon. It's connected to Amazon's online digital book store, making it simple to buy and automatically download content.
If you want to permanently get rid of your Kindle account, the only way to do that is if you delete your Amazon account. Naturally, Amazon doesn't want to make that process easy to do, but here are the steps to get it done.
- Sign into your Amazon account.
- Go to the page Close Your Amazon Account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where there is a drop-down menu listing some reasons for closing your account.
- Choose the reason that closest matches yours.
- Click on the box next to the statement "Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete my data."
- Click on "Close my account.
- Amazon will then send you a link in an email or text message to confirm that you want to go through with the action.
- Click on the link to complete the cancellation.
Once the account is closed, all of the data associated with it will be deleted.
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
Problems You Could Run Into When Deleting Your Kindle Account
The biggest problem you could encounter with either scenario is if you don't have access to your Amazon account. If you've lost your log-in information, it can be very difficult to communicate with Amazon about your account. If you don't have access to the recovery email or phone number associated with the account, this can get very frustrating.
Let DoNotPay Delete Your Kindle Account Easily
One of the services DoNotPay has perfected is deleting old accounts for clients. After you complete just a few easy steps, we will take on the work of closing frustrating accounts once and for all.
How to Delete an Old Kindle/Amazon Account Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Should You Let DoNotPay Take Care of Your Kindle Account?
Although Amazon has worked hard to make it easy to buy just about anything you can imagine, they aren't as interested in seeing that you can easily cancel accounts. If you have any barriers to accessing your account to manage a subscription or close the account altogether, it can take time and stress to jump through the hoops to get it done.
But DoNotPay makes it easy to delete accounts that seem to be out of your control. We've perfected the system, and you can take advantage of our expertise.
DoNotPay Can Easily Deal with Many Different Accounts
If you've been fighting to delete an account, and you don't seem to be making any progress, DoNotPay can take over the work for you. Here are just some of the organizations we're able to deal with, so you can get rid of accounts that just won't go away.
DoNotPay Can Do So Much More
Canceling frustrating accounts is only the beginning. DoNotPay is here to deal with those irritating problems that you'd love to hand over to a trusted assistant. Consider us that assistant, and take a look at all the ways we can help.
Let us put you back in charge of your accounts and so much more. Take a look at all the things DoNotPay can do for you today.