How to Delete Your Hinge Account and Erase All Personal Data
Hinge is one of the more accommodating dating apps we have out there. Unlike Bumble or Tinder, where you can only engage with people who swipe right, Hinge lets you check out other people's profiles and reach out to them regardless.
But while signing up for a Hinge account might have been a straightforward task, deleting the account is a whole other story. Like most other dating apps, simply deleting or uninstalling the app from your phone will not completely terminate the actual account. It's even more frustrating if you've upgraded to the preferred membership, whereby deleting the app might not necessarily cancel your subscription.
If you are having trouble deleting your Hinge account, you can quit worrying because that is what DoNotPay is here for. In this article, we will take you through the and how you can do it the easy way using DoNotPay.
Reasons to Delete Your Hinge Account
There are a couple of reasons why you might want to . Maybe it is just not working for you, or you actually found Mr. or Mrs. Right and want to take yourself off the market. Either way, it is important that you completely remove your profile information, including photos, messages, and other details to protect your data or keep you safe from potential data leaks.
Deleting your account will also help:
- To discourage account hackers from using your otherwise dormant account – Hackers usually target accounts that are left dormant for long periods of time. Once they gain access they'll parade themselves off as you and use your identity for their malicious activities. By completely deleting your account you can help prevent this.
- To keep your information private – If you leave your profile up, anyone doing an online search about you (like potential employers) will easily find all your personal information, or stuff that you'd have preferred to leave in your past.
- To prevent identity theft – Hackers usually use your personal information like favorite music, foods, and activities to hack into your other accounts and even steal your identity.
How to Delete Your Hinge Account on Your Own
Since it's mainly online-based, there are only a few ways you can delete a Hinge account.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
The deletion process is done solely online, meaning you should be able to do it without making a phone call or sending out emails to the company. Check out the following steps to delete your Hinge profile.
To Permanently Delete a Hinge Profile
- Open the Hinge app on your device
- Tap the profile icon
- Click on "Account"
- Scroll down and click the "Delete Account" option
- Click the "Confirm" button
- Finally, uninstall the app from your device
To Delete Your Hinge Profile from Facebook
If you signed up to hinge through Facebook, you want to make sure that you sign off from there as well. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Open Facebook
- Navigate to "Settings & Privacy"
- Choose "Settings"
- Go to the security section and choose "Apps & Websites"
- Click on "Edit" to view the "Logged in With Facebook" page
- Choose Hinge
- Click on "Remove"
To Cancel the Hinge Preferred Subscription
If you had upgraded to the Hinge preferred subscription, you'll likely be charged a monthly fee. This payment will usually be handled through the Google Play Store or the App store. It is important that you also cancel the preferred membership to avoid any further charges.
To Delete Hinge Preferred Membership from an iOS Device
- Navigate to "iOS settings"
- Choose "iTunes & App Store"
- Select "Apple ID" and choose View Apple ID"
- Enter your login details
- Click on "Subscriptions"
- Click "Manage"
- Choose Hinge
- Click unsubscribe or Toggle the auto-renewal option to off
To Cancel Hinge Preferred Membership from an Android Device:
- Open your Google Play Store app
- Search for Hinge and click on it from the results
- Click unsubscribe or cancel
- Click confirm
Delete Your Hinge Account with the Help of DoNotPay
By now you have an idea of how to delete a Hinge account on your own. If you follow the steps above, you should be able to do it easily. However, sometimes you simply can't delete your account because you can't access it. Either you have forgotten your password or have been banned from the platform.
On top of that, even after deleting your account, it's hard to ensure that all your information has been completely removed. That is where DoNotPay comes in.
DoNotPay is an online application that will manage the whole deletion process for you and ensure that it is a complete success. And deleting an old account can be done in a few simple steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
What Other Accounts Can DoNotPay Help Cancel?
DoNotPay works across all companies and platforms. It can help delete all sorts of other online accounts, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
But DoNotPay doesn't only delete accounts. As the world's first robot lawyer, it can handle any other online applications you might have on your behalf. This includes:
- Appeal account bans
- Get free trials without risk of being charged
- Get rid of email spam
- File a formal complaint against any company
- Send a product return request
Ready to Finally Delete Your Hinge Account?
Let DoNotPay take care of it all for you. Our application is quick, easy to use, and guarantees that the job is done to completion. All you need to do is visit us today and tell us what you need us to do for you.