How To Delete A Groupon Account Easily
Deleting any account can be a daunting task, especially if you've forgotten the login credentials. And it couldn't get any worse, considering that 78% of users forget their passwords within 90 days of opening an account.
But forgetting your password isn't the only reason you may be compelled to hit the search engine for tips on. You may also want to mark a new start, eradicate sensitive data, avoid getting hacked, etc.
Whatever the reason, it’s a fact that deleting your account can be hassling and time-consuming if you're doing it alone. Luckily, DoNotPay can help lift the weight off your shoulders by taking care of all the technical details and having your Groupon account deleted in minutes.
Why Should You Delete Your Groupon Account?
Here are the top five reasons why you should consider:
- Erase your personal information.
You might have been using your Groupon account to purchase goods or services online, which means that you'll need to erase your personal information before you delete your account. This includes credit card numbers, bank account numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, etc.
- Avoid unwanted emails.
If you haven't used your Groupon account in a while, the chances are that you won't receive any promotional emails anymore. However, if you still use your Groupon account, you may receive spam emails from third parties who sell your contact information. It's better to erase your account, so these spammers won't bother you with useless messages.
- Stop receiving notifications.
If you're still subscribed to some offers through your Groupon account, then you may receive notifications about them even though you've already deleted your account. If you don't want to miss out on any deals, it's best to erase your account instead of just unsubscribing.
- Prevent hacking attempts.
Hackers often try to hack into user accounts to steal money or personal information. By deleting your account, you prevent hackers from accessing your private information. Plus, if you're not logged in, then you won't be able to access your account anyway.
- Remove negative reviews.
If you have an unsatisfactory experience with a company, you may leave a review on their website. But if you forget to remove your Groupon account, others may see those comments and think that you're still affiliated with that business. As such, it's best to erase the account before leaving a bad review.
How to Delete Groupon Account on Your Own
Deleting your account is almost impossible if you can't remember the login credentials. Most companies will only allow you to erase your account after logging in due to security concerns. The argument is that it prevents strangers from deleting other people's accounts, but it can be a costly measure if you don't remember your password.
With that being said, your best bet at erasing your account by yourself is by reaching out to the service provider directly and verifying that you're the account holder. And as you may guess, this isn't child's play; it not only takes time to get hold of the provider but there's no guarantee that they may buy your plea for the same security reasons.
What Challenges Can You Encounter Deleting Your Groupon Account Without Help?
Deleting your Groupon account without help presents several challenges. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Lack of access to the recovery email/phone number
- Contacting the company for help is a challenge since you can't log in to your account
- The only point of contact is via phone, email, mail, etc.
- You can't delete someone else's Groupon account, e.g., a deceased loved one.
How to Delete Your Groupon Account Effortlessly with the Help of DoNotPay
There's no denying it; deleting a Groupon account on your own is not a walk in the park, as it takes a lot of time and resources without any success guarantee. Thankfully, you can turn that around with DoNotPay’s automated software solution.
If you want to delete your old Groupon account but don’t know where to start, DoNotPay’s got you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting that your account be deleted.
We'll also ask for all of your personal data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations. You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your issue if they have any further questions or concerns.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Groupon Account?
If not for anything else, you should consider letting DoNotPay help you delete your account for three concrete reasons.
- Fast. You don't have to spend hours trying to do it yourself when DoNotPay can have your account deleted in minutes.
- Easy. You don't have to struggle filling out the tedious forms and keeping track of all the steps involved. DoNotPay automates everything for you.
- Success. There's no room for failure when you trust DoNotPay to help you delete your Groupon account. Our platform follows the due process and checks all boxes needed to erase your account.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
Besides Groupon, DoNotPay can help you delete old accounts on other platforms, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from helping you delete your Groupon account, DoNotPay can also come in handy in various ways by offering the following services:
- Filing a complaint against any company
- Appealing banned accounts
- Getting free trials
- Item return requests
- Fighting email spam
The ball's now on your court. To see DoNotPay live in action, be sure to log in to our platform today.