How to Delete Your Duolingo Account the Easy Way
Duolingo is a language-learning app that allows you to learn a new language while you are on the go. Currently, Duolingo allows its 500 million users to learn up to 40 different languages. Most courses are free, but the platform does offer some premium features for a fee.
While this app is educational and fun, many people end up losing interest in Duolingo over time. If you have a Duolingo account but are no longer using it, it may be in your best interest to delete your old account. Here is a look at how DoNotPay can help you .
How to Delete Your Duolingo Account on Your Own
Recently, Duolingo created a data portal called the Duolingo Drive-Thru. If you want to any of your account details, you do so from the Drive-Thru.
To delete your account on your own, you will need to:
- Open the Duolingo app or go to the Duolingo website on your computer
- Sign in to your account
- Go to the Duolingo Drive-Thru
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page
- Click on the large, red button at the bottom of the page that says, "Erase Personal Data”
- Wait for an email that confirms you want to delete your account
- Click on the confirmation link that was sent on the email
Make sure to keep the confirmation email for at least seven days. In the first seven days following your account being deleted, you will be able to change your mind and reactivate your account.
The only way to reactivate your account is to click on the additional link that is provided in the confirmation email. If you wait longer than 7 days, you will no longer be able to reactivate your account.
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
Important Information for Duolingo Plus Members
If you are a Duolingo Plus member, deleting your account will not stop your monthly membership charges. If you signed up to become a Plus member through the mobile app, you will need to go directly to the Google Play Store or the Apple App/iTunes Store to cancel your premium subscription. Additionally, you can cancel your Plus subscription by signing into your Duolingo account on your computer.
No matter how you choose to cancel your Duolingo Plus subscription, just make sure that you do cancel it before you delete your account. Otherwise, you may still be responsible for additional charges.
What Can Go Wrong When You Delete Your Duolingo Account Yourself
One of the main mistakes that people make when they go to delete their account is that they will accidentally deactivate their account, instead of deleting it. While these two things may seem very similar, deleting your account is not the same as deactivating it.
When you deactivate your account, you are essentially pausing your account for an undefined amount of time. While your account is deactivated, your username and other personal information will be reserved to ensure that no one else can use it. At any time, you can reactivate your account, and pick right up where you left off.
When you delete your account, you are completely removing all of your data and personal information from Duolingo's system.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Delete Your Duolingo Account
Deleting your Duolingo account yourself can be difficult to understand. There are also several steps that you have to follow in a specific order to ensure that your account is erased. With , you can delete your Duolingo account with just seven simple steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Can Help You Easily Delete All of Your Unwanted Accounts
In addition to helping you delete your Duolingo account, DoNotPay can also assist you in deleting other unwanted accounts. DoNotPay can help you delete your account with a wide range of companies, which include:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNoPay is here to make your life easier. Whether you need help deleting an old account, or you need help with other tasks, there is a wide range of services that are available to you.
Some of the things that DoNotPlay can help you with include:
- Return items to a retailer
- Appeal an account suspension
- File a complaint
- Find out which companies offer free trials
- Stop unwanted spam emails
Sign up today!