How to Delete Deviantart Account Easily
Deviantart, a social network for artists, makes it super easy for aspiring artists to find a digital audience for their work. It's appealing because it's easy and cheap to join, and buyers simply upload the work they choose to buy.
If you join Deviantart as a Core member, it's about $3 per month that comes out of your bank account—something you don't even notice. If you need to cancel your Deviantart account, DoNotPay has tips on how to effectively sever the relationship. Keep reading to learn how.
It's Smart to Limit Your Online Accounts
Not only are you frittering away cash when you're paying for subscriptions that don't generate business, you're putting your identity and online security at unnecessary risk—even if it's a free service. Why? Because every online account that you have is a target for hackers.
Every time you sign up for a Yahoo or eHarmony, or Gmail account, you give your personal data to the vendor. Most companies do take extraordinary steps to keep your data secure, but bad actors always seem to be one step ahead of the game.
More Reasons to Delete Old Accounts
Old accounts are more of a pain than you think. Here are more reasons to delete or cancel them:
- Cut down on inbox spam
- Free up memory on your smartphone
- Save money—those small monthly fees do add up
Ways to Delete your Deviantart Account
Here are the standard options for deleting an old account. As you can see, a completely digital company like Deviantart only has two real options.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
How to Delete Your Deviant Account on Your Own
The simplest way to delete any account is to log in to your account and simply cancel the service. This only works if you can remember your user ID and password, which isn't likely if you never use the Deviantart site.
Here are their tips for user id and password recovery.
- You need the email address you used to sign up for the account. If you can't remember, they can't help you recover that information, and you can't cancel the account. If you're someone who has migrated email accounts from AOL to Yahoo to whomever, this can be a huge issue.
- Click on the "forgot username or password" on the login form, and select the forgot username" option. The next prompt is to enter the email address you used to sign up for the account. If you can recall that, they'll send you an email to recover your username. If you have more than one user name, the recovery tool can't get you access.
- The process is the same for password recovery. Their system generates an email to reset your password.
According to their FAQ section, sometimes the Deviantart system generates a bad reset code. If this happens to you, they want you to copy and paste the reset URL into your browser and try again, maybe using a different browser or internet connection. If you still can't get in after 24 hours, THEN they say it's okay to contact the Help Desk.
Deviantart will not delete an account if you create a new account in an attempt to cancel an old one. If you go through all these steps and still can't log in to cancel the account, it's perfectly understandable that you're frustrated and angry with Deviantart. Why not avoid all the angst and let DoNotPay handle the process from the get-go?
DoNotPay Has You Covered
What DoNotPay has that you probably don't is a wealth of knowledge regarding data privacy laws. When you sign up with us to help you delete old accounts, we reference these statutes, which leads to remarkable success in canceling accounts, regardless of whether you can recall a password.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Our sophisticated AI lets us draw on both federal and state laws to help you bypass the red tape that makes dealing with companies and government entities so aggravating. Here are some of the areas we can give you a hand.
Life's too short to fight the bureaucracy. Sign up with to cut through the red tape. It's better than a yoga retreat.