How to Delete Cash App Account
Cash App is a peer-to-peer mobile payment app that connects directly to your bank and allows you to make, request, and receive payments from other app users. While having an account with Cash App can help you transact seamlessly, you may need to at some point for various reasons.
Deleting the Cash App from your phone doesn't necessarily delete the account, so you have to do it manually after transferring all your money to your bank account. What if you forgot your Cash App password or didn't know how to delete the account?
Worry not! has a new Delete Old Accounts product that will help delete your account under the rights granted to you by data privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA 2018), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), and General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR).
How to Delete Cash App Account by Yourself
Before you , you should do some important things.
- Transfer any funds you have on the app to your bank account. This will ensure that you don't lose your money after deleting the account.
- Cancel any subscription payments made through your Cash App.
- Request for payment history (in case you need it after deleting the account).
Here's how to delete your Cash App account on Android and iPhone mobile devices.
- Open the app and tap on the home icon.
- On the home page, find the "Cash Out" Icon and tap on it to transfer your funds to your bank account.
- Once the funds are successfully withdrawn to your bank, go back to the home page and tap on the Profile icon.
- Find "Support" and tap on it from the menu that appears.
- A list of several items will appear. Select the last item on the list labeled "Something Else."
- Additional items will appear. Find "Account Settings" and tap on it.
- On the Account Settings page, tap on "Close Account" and then "Close my Cash App Account."
- Read through the implications of closing your account that show up on the next page and tap on "Confirm Closing Account" at the bottom.
That's all. Your Cash App account is now permanently deleted, and you can no longer receive or send money through it. You can now uninstall or delete the app from your phone.
Can I Delete With
Next Steps for Deleting Cash App Account if You Can't Do It Yourself
If you cannot delete your Cash App account for some reason, you may need to contact Cash App's customer support and request that they delete the account.
To contact Cash App's Customer support:
- Go to Cash App's official website
- Scroll down the home page and click on Support
- On the FAQs page, click on Customer support and send in your request on the live chat.
Ensure that you have all the account and banking information with you.
How to Delete Cash App Account with the Help of DoNotPay
Through , we'll ask you a few questions regarding your account and collect information to help verify your account ownership. Once your case is ready to go, we'll submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting for your account to be deleted.
All you have to do is:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to Cash App on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting for your account to be deleted. We'll also ask for all of your personal data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations.
You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your issue if they have any further questions or concerns.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Cash App Account?
- Fast – You will get your account deleted within a short period as DoNotPay reaches out to Cash App support immediately.
- Easy – You'll only need to submit the required details to DoNotPay and leave the rest to them.
- Successful – When you use DoNotPay to delete your Cash App account, you can be sure that it will be done safely and successfully.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you delete:
- Email accounts like Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo
- Social media accounts like Instagram and Facebook
- E-commerce platforms like Amazon, Venmo, and PayPal
- Uber accounts
- eHarmony accounts
- And more!
To delete the Cash App account, check out DoNotPay's Delete Old Accounts product page for more information and get started!